Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #271
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Just received mine from BBTS today and it arrived undamaged. I'm lovin it!

Opened it up with Batman face down and it came out of the styro insert easily.

Missed out on the first one so I am happy for this release as I always thought it was a superior dio!

I'll do a thorough once over and post pics later as it is back in the box until all the renovations in the house are done. I have all my collectibles covered in plastic or reboxed! There is just too much @#$%!# dust!
I'll be here waiting patiently on those pics, Brother!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #272
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
I'll be here waiting patiently on those pics, Brother!
Will do bro!! It's a great piece.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #273
BlackPanther991
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adegregorio View Post
Hey Guys, just thought I would share this re-paint of the Batman/Killer Croc Statue I did.

One of my good friends who's also a client of mine asked me to re-paint this for his son for X-Mas.

I got a text Christmas Day from his son saying thank you and that he absolutely loved it!

Thanks for checkin it out!

Al

See this repaint the first time ...i also have this statue ,but this repaint makes it much better .well done ....
BlackPanther991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #274
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sorry for my late commision guys, i've received this amazing statue quite some time now but only now did i have time to post up some pics.

I like it much more than the Call to Arms statue, which i also own. this one has a slick design and lot of detail.i was worried i might have a problem with the thin rope and the small batarangs, thankfully it arriveed mint with no issues at all.

Once again i had the shelve customized in order to fit in properly, i am very content with the outcome.

Hope you like my Killer crock statue:

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:31 AM   #275
DigitalGuido
Fantastic Four

Such a great statue. I ended up having to display it on the bottom of the detolf. It was the only cube where it fit without having to remove a shelf and losing display space. I might try finding a way to make bigger rubber bumpers on the metal frame. It's so close to fitting on one of the upper shelves if it weren't for that cape being different from the original. How's everyone else displaying theirs?
DigitalGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #276
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGuido View Post
Such a great statue. I ended up having to display it on the bottom of the detolf. It was the only cube where it fit without having to remove a shelf and losing display space. I might try finding a way to make bigger rubber bumpers on the metal frame. It's so close to fitting on one of the upper shelves if it weren't for that cape being different from the original. How's everyone else displaying theirs?
I love it too, it has many details and a dynamic pose, the best DCD batman statue in my opinion so far.

All my 6 detolf ikea cabinets have been customized by a smith to fit the larger 1/4 statues, and hold their weight. I have cut the side metal bars and wedged them accordingly depending on the height of the statue i am placing. It takes some time and job to do all the tampering,but the final result pays off

A friend suggested the Ikea besta, they are very refined and look great, hands down, but i don't like the fact that they don't have glass windows sideways obscuring the view of the displayed item. i think the ikea are the ideal way to show off a statue
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #277
skorpsta
Ghost

Hey Guys

here is a batman vs killer croc 2nd edition statue i got badly damaged on ebay for a real cheap price. i repaired all the damages and fully repainted it. {batman, croc, and base}.

i have to say this was extremely hard to repaint... especially the base area where croc comes out of the sewer... this piece took me alot of hours to do..some painters like a challenge on paint ups... I DO NOT...i know there are hard times in this hobby...but i like my paint ups to go where iam always in control...and on this i lost control.

overall iam very happy with the results. i also own the first edition statue of this dio...and love it...he has the navy blue suit on it.

here are the before and after pics {pics are from my cel}

here is a pic of croc before i glued bats on him

skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #278
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Fantastic job, Skorpsta!! Fantastic job!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #279
AC_808
Hercules

Wow! Awesome job!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #280
skorpsta
Ghost

ty here is a video

please be advise there is some profanity in it..well a small clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-JUoB4GQ8U