Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #21
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Here are 2 codes for the PSN (Ps3/PS4) for people who haven't pre-ordered and are on the fence. If you grab one please say so so others don't waste time trying to redeem them. Enjoy the beta

BAPD-AAND-D9K8
46CE-B9NC-4ERJ

Edit: Both gone!
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #22
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Thanks, man. I took the second one and the other was already used. Appreciate that.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
MrYac
Hercules

a bit annoyed the sony folks get it for so much longer then us Xboxers consider where Bungie came from, but still looking forward to firing it up in a couple days
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #24
Luminous
Cyclops

The beta level cap is 8 and it doesn't take very long to get there. Xbox owners will have plenty of time to play and test out what is available. The only down side is less time to have fun.

I got all three classes to level 8. I think the game is a lot of fun and has a lot of potential. I am particularly pleased with how the PvE events are handled. It's really easy to jump in and have other people there fighting the same cause. I love that there are a lot of incentives for both PvE and PvP.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #25
MrYac
Hercules

just sucks we get like 3 days compared to sony getting nearly 2 weeks not to mention sony had the alpha, it just seems disrespectful of bungie to be honest. I know it's not really their call but still
Old 07-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #26
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
just sucks we get like 3 days compared to sony getting nearly 2 weeks not to mention sony had the alpha, it just seems disrespectful of bungie to be honest. I know it's not really their call but still
Sony ponied up the money for all that early access. From what I understand it was A LOT. If that pisses you off, you will love the DLC exclusivity agreement.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #27
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Sony ponied up the money for all that early access. From what I understand it was A LOT. If that pisses you off, you will love the DLC exclusivity agreement.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #28
Luminous
Cyclops

From Polygon.com:

Quote:
Destiny's PlayStation-exclusive content, which includes access to additional co-op and competitive maps and gear, may retain this exclusivity until as late as fall 2015, according to the game's listing on Amazon.

This timed-exclusive content slated for PlayStation 3 and PS4 Destiny players, according to a post on the PlayStation Blog earlier this month, includes a handful of new ships, the Monte Carlo assault rifle, Hawkmoon hand cannon and a new set of armor each for the Warlock, Titan and Hunter classes. The DLC pack also includes the three-person co-op Dust Palace Strike map and the Exodus Blue competitive multiplayer map.

According to Amazon, this DLC won't be available to Destiny players on other platforms — Xbox 360 and Xbox One — until a year after the game's initial release.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #29
MrYac
Hercules

a year is a bit insane, and for any other game I honestly wouldn't care (truth be told I care very little as it is) but just given Bungies history with Microsoft is just seems a bit insulting of them to not only be giving Sony the bonus content but to ONLY ever talk about the PS4 as the Destiny console. and oh, if it's just the extras as the DLC I don't give a crap at all, I read it fast at first and thought it was ALL DLC. now that would've just been stupid of them and if they went that route it should've just been a SONY exclusive game
Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #30
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
a year is a bit insane, and for any other game I honestly wouldn't care (truth be told I care very little as it is) but just given Bungies history with Microsoft is just seems a bit insulting of them to not only be giving Sony the bonus content but to ONLY ever talk about the PS4 as the Destiny console. and oh, if it's just the extras as the DLC I don't give a crap at all, I read it fast at first and thought it was ALL DLC. now that would've just been stupid of them and if they went that route it should've just been a SONY exclusive game
That's the desired effect Sony was going for. I can only speculate as to Bungie's motives though.

I agree that a year is too much. I hate timed exclusive content, but I would have capped it at 6 months. Three months would probably have been more reasonable.