Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #461
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hmm I’m looking at the pics again and it looks like the torso to hip seam is comparable to the head to neck seam..
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #462
Gothamite
Phoenix

I've seen it on other statues and busts, but the connection point has to be hidden very well by hair and the head position.

This is the Icon Heroes Gal Gadot bust.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:04 PM   #463
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post
Hmm I’m looking at the pics again and it looks like the torso to hip seam is comparable to the head to neck seam..
It is a bit wonky but not as obvious as the neck seam because its not skin-on-skin as you said..
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:05 PM   #464
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thanks for posting those.

For anyone that doesn't realize it, in most of those pics her head is right at, or just below, eye level. And the seam gap is visible in nearly all of them.

I'm thinking that because you are probably using a flash in the group shelf shot, vs available direct light in the solo shots, that's why the seam looks less pronounced. The intense blast of light from the camera is blowing out the shadow there.
The solo shots are closer to what the piece would actually look like day in and day out in most lighting situations.

I have a hard time believing that any seam in that area would not be easily detectable, especially now seeing a turn-around at more or less eye level. However the severity of yours looks like it could be a one off or at least not as prevalent- because that is truly, unacceptably awful.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #465
Gothamite
Phoenix

Karnis's pictures were basically taken at eye level, so that refutes Kebron's claim that the gap wouldn't be visible unless viewed from below.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #466
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post

I have to say though that this is probably the first skin on skin connecting point I have seen done on a swap out part for a statue. There will be a seam no matter how well done, so the design is a questionable decision.
Not only that, but they didn't follow a more natural shadow line by curling around the back of the jawbone and up the lobe of the ear.
Instead it goes straight across the neck.

pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #467
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Very disappointing. Who came up with this idea, and who approved it ?
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #468
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
All's quiet now after a busy Christmas day with family so I took a few pics for you guys before I sealed it up for return. I snapped a few pics from my workbench & all I did was crop off excess head room, no flash, no color adjustment. The last couple are my 1/6 scale statue display w/ flash for context. R-click on the image, open it in a new tab & you can see it full resolution. Really nice statue except for the neck seam on mine, & the left leg refuses to go fully into the base. Its been 24 hours so it's at room temp now....it ain't a-goin' in & I ain't a-forcin' it. As you can see the neck seam on mine is pretty ugly. Hopefully it's a one-off defect & everyone else's comes out better than mine did. Enjoy, discuss...and play nice. ;-)
Thanks for sharing all those great pictures. Man, this piece turned out so much better than I expected it to with the paint apps on her face and body. It makes the gap/seam situation that much worse because she is a really good statue.

Love seeing your collection. Had a mini geekgasm from the nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Karnis's pictures were basically taken at eye level, so that refutes Kebron's claim that the gap wouldn't be visible unless viewed from below.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:32 PM   #469
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Thanks for posting those.

For anyone that doesn't realize it, in most of those pics her head is right at, or just below, eye level. And the seam gap is visible in nearly all of them.

I'm thinking that because you are probably using a flash in the group shelf shot, vs available direct light in the solo shots, that's why the seam looks less pronounced. The intense blast of light from the camera is blowing out the shadow there.
The solo shots are closer to what the piece would actually look like day in and day out in most lighting situations.

I have a hard time believing that any seam in that area would not be easily detectable, especially now seeing a turn-around at more or less eye level. However the severity of yours looks like it could be a one off or at least not as prevalent- because that is truly, unacceptably awful.
Exactly. No flash in the workshop pics, & used the flash in the man cave shots. Its blowing out the shadows as you said.

Quote:
I made it a point to take them a slightly above & below eye level....for no particular reason, of course.

Hopefully more pics will start to appear & fingers crossed, mine's just a defect.

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #470
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Really? Cause my point of it being displayed properly (which does include eye or below eye level) thus making the seam issue null seems to still stand. Most anybproblem can be fixed by displaying it properly.

We’ve seen other pics and even a video where the seam wasn’t a issue. It seems his maybe a one off issue, but yet everyone is jumping to conclusions that they all are just as bad.

When I have mine I’m quite sure the seam won’t be a issue once displayed.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote