Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-28-2022, 11:02 AM   #191
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Not gigantic. Actually it's barely taller than a regular person. We see bigger collectibles everyday now.

As for accuracy, if Hot Toys made that in 1/6 it can be made in 1/4
he would be GIGANTIC. Not just height he's about 4X the mass of Robocop or an average human. Plus He's taller than the average human (a little under 7 feet tall) when he is in sleep mode - OFF position. When he is powered on he gains at least a t least a foot, minimum. I'd say when powered on he's about 8 feet tall and roughly 6 feet wide. He's gigantic compared to a human.

Here's shots of the 1:1 on set with the legs not extended in sleep mode - OFF position, when powered on the legs extend:

Look how much height he gains when powered on and loses when powered off:

a 1/4 ED-209 with base would be GIGANTIC.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:42 PM   #192
nearmint
Phoenix

So at 1/4 scale he'd be 24" tall and 18" wide. Give him a 2" base and he's 26" tall. That would look awesome next to Robocop.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:33 AM   #193
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

a 1/4 ED-209 with base would be GIGANTIC.

NO, IT WOULDN'T. It would be big, yes. And that's what are we looking for. Gigantic?, $5000? No.

You chose carefully pictures where it looks bigger, congrats.

That pic you posted is shot with a wide angle lens to make ED gigantic as you say. How much time since you saw the movie?

It's not that tall compared to a person. And how big is a 1/4 statue?

Anyways starting arguments for proposing making a "big" statue is blatantly stupid, I will not participate in that sorry. I hope Oniri makes it in a future.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:52 AM   #194
Darth Milo
Hydra

Waitlist converted

B.t.w. I also own ED-209 from Chronicle Collectibles and it's the best and most accurate replica of the studio scale model you can get.

I would love to see an 1/4 ED-209, it would be massive in volume as stated by Shogun but not impossible.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #195
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
NO, IT WOULDN'T. It would be big, yes. And that's what are we looking for. Gigantic?, $5000? No.

You chose carefully pictures where it looks bigger, congrats.

That pic you posted is shot with a wide angle lens to make ED gigantic as you say. How much time since you saw the movie?

It's not that tall compared to a person. And how big is a 1/4 statue?

Anyways starting arguments for proposing making a "big" statue is blatantly stupid, I will not participate in that sorry. I hope Oniri makes it in a future.
26 inches x 18 inches is a LOT of display space. I have a couple hundred pieces on display and I can only think of a couple that has larger overall dimensions than those overall volume measurements. Would be a GIGANTIC piece with an enormous box.

Im all for getting it made. I wouldnt buy it tho. No one is arguing, I just pointing out you don?t know what youre talking about here.

Remember you are the person that said its barely taller than a regular person. You are wrong. Hes a little under a foot taller when OFF. Powered on ED is about 8 feet tall. The gifs I posted prove you dont know what youre talking about.

The photos you posted are ED in the OFF position. These photos depict the same exact height of the photos i posted of ED in off position (aside from the favorably angled famous Dick Jones shot). RoboCop is my #2 favorite movie of all time. I watched it last week. I know this movie and character inside and out. We can do this all day and I am positive you will be grasping for straws all day.

I do hope this gets made bit based on Oniris ludcaris price for 1/4 RoboCop, this piece being arguably 3-4x the mass or Robo will be around $4000 easy all in. I wont be getting it if its made. The Chronicle ED is perfection, I love my ED and CAIN dearly. Everyone RoboCop fan should have these on their shelves.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #196
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Waitlist also converted. Now I am hoping for a possible 1:3 scale future Robocop release

Also hoping that ED get’s made by Oniri. The Chronicle’s version is to small IMO.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #197
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Waitlist also converted. Now I am hoping for a possible 1:3 scale future Robocop release

Also hoping that ED get?s made by Oniri. The Chronicle?s version is to small IMO.
Congrats! When did you get on the WL??
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:59 AM   #198
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

BBTS still has 11 Oniri RoboCops available for PO.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:02 PM   #199
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Congrats! When did you get on the WL??
Thanks! I think around 4 weeks ago
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 07:38 PM   #200
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Finally Ordered few days ago

I think you should not pass on it guys, the price is equivalent as P1, you can't get 1/4 for less than 900 now.

And Robocop face is silicone, ok it s half face but as they says in the video, a full silicone face d be much more expensive
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote