Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Quick Reviews Of Current Comics (try not to spoil)

I'm starting this thread for the Forum's comic readers to find a place to read & contribute quickie reviews of comics currently on the racks. Just a spot where one can come & try & get a feel if a comic that they might buy is worth the $4.99 (or more) purchase. As mentioned in another thread by our own WKTF, I believe we can no longer head on in to out LCS & use the big, for-profit, review sites' recommendations. They almost seem to be in league with the companies they review for, although I may be wrong. Please, feel free to drop a sentence or two on a book you feel strongly about letting the rest of know to check out. Also, feel free to let us know what to avoid, in your opinion, & why. I'm not saying we'll all agree, nor should we, but I do know that I could sure use a heads-up on what might be sitting on the racks that I might have passed over. A while back, we had a fantastic team of SF Reviewers who, imo, wrote the best on-going thread here, The Mighty Reviewers, as much as I loved & welcomed their late-week reviews, I understand that many of them are gone & those that remain may not want to spend hours a week writing reviews on books that may not even get read. If you all want more substantial reviews, maybe we can organize that soon. But, for now, let's all just try & blurb out the books we feel may need some attention.

My 1st -

Death of the Inhumans #1 by Danny Cates & Ariel Oliveti - I picked this one up 2 weeks back & only just, this morning, cracked it. WOW! No guest stars, no overblown build out, just a sold Inhumans comic that takes 3 pages to go from zero to eighty. The title seems a little preposterous, but it was not. Inhumans die. Killer set-up & pretty-strong art by Oliveti. If you just miss Marvel in self-contained arcs that aren't tie-ins to other books or movies, I strongly recommend this kick-off.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote