Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #121
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I enjoyed this week's episode too - the ending to the show was cut off though - how much was the Frank head worth?
The Frankenstein bike buddy was what they called it.
Mint in box like $800-$900 bucks. Robert Bruce gave them $150 for the head which paid for the other loot.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #122
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Red Bank, NJ I believe
Road Trip!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #123
Almart
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I can't believe all the show bashing going on in this thread. I really like it and am happy that such a show now exists, I think it will end up converting even more people into fans. If you think the show is not exciting enough for you, film some footage at your LCS and post it online, I'm sure people would be riveted !!

For me, I think I'll end up doing a Red Bank road trip next time I'm in Jersey.
Almart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #124
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
So, what’s the 9200 all about?
Walt managed to get his grail, not once but three times, when he purchased three of the full page John Buscema splashes from the Silver Surfer Graphic Novel. They were just amazing pages, he got a steal considering their rarity, and importance.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #125
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I've been to the shop in Jersey as my friend lives in Red Bank. It's just like it looks on TV, but I coulda sworn I didn't see any of the guys working....or maybe I just don't remember. I did go a couple of years ago.

Red Bank is a nice little town in general. Lots of good food.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #126
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Walt managed to get his grail, not once but three times, when he purchased three of the full page John Buscema splashes from the Silver Surfer Graphic Novel. They were just amazing pages, he got a steal considering their rarity, and importance.
Seriously... so lucky...
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #127
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Kevin REALLY needs to wear something else for at least an episode... unless the man seriously only owns that jersey for a shirt.

I get it that it doubles as their tablecloth at lunch, but still.. man... you seriously think the "end all be all" to fashion is the same sports jersey on a daily basis, when you couldn't run half a mile without having a heart attack?

He may just wear it for days when they're shooting, but that's still pretty bad.

I didn't catch all of Sunday's episode, but it wasn't as bad as some of them have been...show's getting "better", or "more watchable", anyways.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #128
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
After watching this weeks ep, I can say for the first time I really enjoyed it. Every other ep has been rife with cringeworthy moments, and has set the fanboy movement back decades, but this week, I found myself rooting for the guys as they stalked garage sales etc, and I could seriously picture Vaultman in the car with them as they posed their Superhero "WHAT IFS?" on the road trip
their VS ideas sucked though lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I just read this thread and it was the first I have heard of this show. I will admit I want to go and watch them. It sounds like a train wreck that you just can’t look away from. The artwork really has me curious as well. So, what’s the 9200 all about?
Trying to think back - I think it was some Buscema original art from the silver surfer - full pages, three of them
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #129
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Kevin REALLY needs to wear something else for at least an episode... unless the man seriously only owns that jersey for a shirt.

I get it that it doubles as their tablecloth at lunch, but still.. man... you seriously think the "end all be all" to fashion is a sports jersey, when you couldn't run half a mile without having a heart attack?
Why do you hate fat people, Ry? Do you hate Santa too?
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #130
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Agreed - I think the guy was asking $25000? He gave them away at less than half of that
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote