Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #61
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
No I wasn't even hinting at it. Just making the point that a written offer is subject to laws (I took Business Law in college). I knew I should have made a disclaimer after that point. I would never bother with taking someone to court.
Right... but we can all understand what you were getting at by even mentioning something as stupid as that.

Either way, it worked. You raised enough of a stink that you got your way.

In the process you might have soured Paul on the notion of ever offering forum members something like this again...

But you got your discount so we can all rest easy and sleep well tonight. Congrats to you.. my fellow "a-hole" as you put it.

I guess this thread has served it's purpose.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #62
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I just think this is a massive over reaction. If you are really ready to spend over $7,000 on an Endo replica... was the rifle added really THAT much of a deciding factor?

Give me a break.

Trying to compare this to a used car/bait-n-switch tactic is a stretch... Actually an insult.
Nowhere was this advertised, or guaranteed, or even 'promised'.

It was a generous offer for early customers. End of story.. I've you missed out.. Oh well.

I would have loved to take advantage of it, but I'm not crying over it.

Missing out on the rifle offer doesn't make me want this work of art any less or think that it was a 'BS offer' as you say.
Quote:
Well, I'm not going to sink to the level of name calling. If that is the extent of your ability to discuss something... Ok. Doesn't bother me personally.

As far as the quote from Paul, yes I did in fact read it. Back when he originally posted the offer. Nowhere did he say it was a promise or an open ended offer.

I was curious to find out more about it so I did my due diligence and asked. You know... Not assume?

If you were really dead set on this offer you could have done the same and gotten more specifics. Rather than waiting and assuming.

Paul is a very busy person from what we can all see, between prepping for the cons/shows, securing more licenses with studios, even more things I imagine we have no idea about running Chronicle.
His involvement with these forums is an awesome thing, but you can't expect him to be able to devote his full attention to it every single day and keep things 100% up to date on offers that he might extend to the readers here.

That's on us.
If you can't be bothered to do a little due diligence on your part in regards to a big purchase like this... Then don't get bent out of shape if you miss out on something.
Quote:
First of all, he NEVER said it was for EVERY forum member. Now you're just making things up. You're coming off more and more laughable.

You seem to be the one having trouble grasping things here.

Just in case you didn't get my entire point in my last post. I'll put it here again, because your misinterpretation of Paul's post seems to indicate your reading comprehension level...

Paul is a very busy person from what we can all see, between prepping for the cons/shows, securing more licenses with studios, even more things I imagine we have no idea about running Chronicle.
His involvement with these forums is an awesome thing, but you can't expect him to be able to devote his full attention to it every single day and keep things 100% up to date on offers that he might extend to the readers here.

That's on us.
If you can't be bothered to do a little due diligence on your part in regards to a big purchase like this... Then don't get bent out of shape if you miss out on something.

You could have asked for more details on this offer at any time if it was that crucial to your decision process.

You could have asked Paul here, or reach out to Amy at Chronicle for more details. That's what I did.. wasn't that hard to do, and better than making assumptions.

"In fact it is a promise in writing that would be enforceable under the law in a court." Right... sure.. Good luck with that pal.
Quote:
Right... but we can all understand what you were getting at by even mentioning something as stupid as that.

Either way, it worked. You raised enough of a stink that you got your way.

In the process you might have soured Paul on the notion of ever offering forum members something like this again...

But you got your discount so we can all rest easy and sleep well tonight. Congrats to you.. my fellow "a-hole" as you put it.

I guess this thread has served it's purpose.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #63
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
Deleting this whole mess works for me....
Can we delete a few members while we're at it too?
Old 06-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #64
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Yeah Mods please close this thread.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #65
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
What's your point in posting a bunch of quotes out of context?
Do you have an opinion on the responses I made towards Steve's posts? Especially the ones directed at me.. "idiot, stupid, a-hole"... etc.

Anything constructive to add to the discussion?

Seriously, I'm not trolling you. I'm curious..
You feel Steve is completely right in the way he went about this?

Or could he have raised his concern privately with Chronicle instead of creating a public thread to try and bash them into including him on this deal?

Uh oh, is this me being a "fanboy"?
Old 06-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #66
CallMe_Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Yeah Mods please close this thread.
+1
Old 06-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #67
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

This has well and truely run its course now
Closed Thread