Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #981
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Out of the three Poison Ivy statues being released, Prime 1 is the top dog with XM being second and sideshow a very far third. You can’t honestly tell me if all these statues were the same price you wouldn’t choose this.....Perfect interpretation of the character
I have to agree. This PI does look awesome, but that base is way to busy and takes up to much room IMO.. But PI is gorgeous here for sure
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #982
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
For anyone who missed this beauty on live today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUduBvL5fqM
Thanks, totally missed it... why is it on YouTube as unlisted? Didn't see it on the main channel...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #983
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Thanks, totally missed it... why is it on YouTube as unlisted? Didn't see it on the main channel...
Not sure, usually it shows up a few days later on the main channel.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:16 PM   #984
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I've thought about buying this and a few of the others, just based on how fantastic they are, even though I don't want to get into 1/3 scale.
I’m getting my first 1/3 scale statue, Iron Studios Batman (Black Version) soon and the Prime 1 Poison Ivy will look great next to it. But yes I do try to avoid 1/3 because it will eventually eat up a lot of space
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #985
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I’m getting my first 1/3 scale statue, Iron Studios Batman (Black Version) soon and the Prime 1 Poison Ivy will look great next to it. But yes I do try to avoid 1/3 because it will eventually eat up a lot of space
I feel like if I were to get Ivy, I'd have to get Batman, Catwoman, Harley and Joker, and that's a dangerous slope.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:44 PM   #986
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Out of the three Poison Ivy statues being released, Prime 1 is the top dog with XM being second and sideshow a very far third. You can’t honestly tell me if all these statues were the same price you wouldn’t choose this.....Perfect interpretation of the character
I've been hearing/seeing this for the past week or so, yet no one has last left a comment in P1 ivy thread in 2 days or xm in the last month. What draws you all back to this thread if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #987
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I'd pick SS's 1rst followed by XM's, not really a fan of the P1 ivy, don't to much care for the face, the legs look nice though.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #988
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I've been hearing/seeing this for the past week or so, yet no one has last left a comment in P1 ivy thread in 2 days or xm in the last month. What draws you all back to this thread if you don't mind me asking?
That’s because most of us already commented in both those threads and expressed our thoughts and now it’s this threads turn since it was the last one to be revealed
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #989
davi
Fantastic Four

Such a beautiful piece, the craftsmanship is staggering.

I can't believe how much subtly and care is put into things like representing the muscles of the body twisting the way they are in this piece.

i've already preordered way more than i expected to this year, so i can't pick up this beauty.
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #990
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
I'd pick SS Ivy all day over the other two. P1 is very nice, but the base is almost too elaborate and too big, scale aside. More importantly, the big hips, 60's one piece look doesn't work for me. XM dosen't even count as an option because of the alternate reality Japan theme. (Same goes for the rest of that line). More of a one off and not a competitive choice.

Seems that which Ivy one likes best, more so even than other female characters, depends heavily on body type preference. Options are a good thing, and I think all three are really nicely done. There's no wrong answer.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote