Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 AM   #131
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
Where is the creativity in this bases?

You have to think again if you can't see the creativity in the Owen/Blue base ...they are standing in the footprint of the I-rex!If this isn't a nice ,creative touch I don't know what is...
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:25 AM   #132
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Ordered.

Now we need a lifesize Blue Raptor bust.
I'd honestly prefer a 1/2 bust of blue...something more affordable and in line with the other (planned) busts,dimension-wise...
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #133
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Baby raptors will be done.
Sick Triceratops with Dr Grant will be done.
Nedry vs Dilophosaurus will be done.
Raptors in the kitchen will be done.
The mere thought of these realized in the same quality of breakout or this piece..

I would also love a Muldoon encounter one.

Quote:
I think the main problem is that people are impatient and don't read all the post in different threads. Everything will be done, just not in the particular order.
Yes, definitely.

Regarding the maquettes, i personally love the idea. I mean SWS faithful replicas, in our living room and in an actual considerable size is something i think every JP fan has dreamed of. I mean the CC Male bust with glass eyes like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbU4MrxVPHw

And a coloration as rich as these:

Spoiler

Would be the closest thing to own the actual animatronic, something crazy to think of.
And it could be actually done, eyes in that video are in the same scale and they fit the rexes perfectly, and they make all the difference of this world in literally bring life to these pieces, just like the animatronic.
Too late for the buck, but i hope they could reconsider this for the real star.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:46 PM   #134
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

@VickPS
About the coloration
The first two pictures you've posted are from Galileo Hernandez 1/8 hand puppet T-Rex painted in green as a reference to Bull T-Rex
I personally own his 1/8 T-Rex bust painted in JP1 scheme and I must say, although the details on the bust are great, I'm not blown away by the coloration. When you look at the pics on the net it looks great, but once you get the piece in the hands it's different story. Or maybe he just didn't put much effort when painting my model.
Other pictures are from the same bust, but painted by Manuel Unda (Jurassic Park Repaints). Yes, the coloration is great and rich, but I think that we can't expect something like that from Toynami because these things are mass produced, and Manuel has hand painted that bust, no airbrush and that's a lot of time consuming, they don't have just bust to paint but other products as well
About the glass eyes
It looks great on the video. I've ordered my bust and asked for the glass eyes, but got them painted.
I prefer painted eyes now when looking this bust from CC. When you look the bust from the front, you have a feeling that he looks straight at you, but with glass eyes I have a feeling that they somehow disappear when looked from different angle
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #135
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
You have to think again if you can't see the creativity in the Owen/Blue base ...they are standing in the footprint of the I-rex!If this isn't a nice ,creative touch I don't know what is...
The footprint of the I-rex should be bigger.
John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #136
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

How big did you guys engineer it to be Mr. Hammond?
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #137
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
The footprint of the I-rex should be bigger.
Paul, hire this guy. He clearly knows more than you guys. He's john hammond for god sake.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #138
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
About the coloration
The first two pictures you've posted are from Galileo Hernandez 1/8 hand puppet T-Rex painted in green as a reference to Bull T-Rex
I personally own his 1/8 T-Rex bust painted in JP1 scheme and I must say, although the details on the bust are great, I'm not blown away by the coloration.When you look at the pics on the net it looks great, but once you get the piece in the hands it's different story. Or maybe he just didn't put much effort when painting my model.
Yeah i know where they are from, personally i've always found the Hernandez female coloration a bit underwhelming, but just look at that buck hand puppet, not 100% accurate maybe but so rich that looks alive, also because of the glass eyes.

Quote:
Other pictures are from the same bust, but painted by Manuel Unda (Jurassic Park Repaints).
Actually, last one is a fatherphantom product.

Quote:
Yes, the coloration is great and rich, but I think that we can't expect something like that from Toynami because these things are mass produced
Well, don't know about Toynami, but i own a couple of 1:4 from Enterbay that are on par with actual SWS stuff in terms of painjob.. mind blowing stuff for real, and in mass products out for 500$.

Quote:
About the glass eyes
It looks great on the video. I've ordered my bust and asked for the glass eyes, but got it painted.
I prefer painted eyes. When you look the bust from the front, you have a feeling that he looks straight at you, but with glass eyes I have a feeling that they somehow disappear when looked from different angle
Again, i have to disagree.
In fact i think it's the opposite, eyes on CC bust are amazing from this angle:

But if you look at him from the side, that's what you get:

In case of glass eyes, you can have the same menacing stare from the front:

While retaining an alive feel from every angle:

Can't have enough praise for glass eyes in general, they literally bring the piece to another, museum quality level.

I mean looks at THX's beauty:

Or these.. don't know what they are, but looks amazing and with a simple but 100% effective paint job applied on them:

Old 12-17-2016, 03:03 PM   #139
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I should have listened to you guys regarding the footprint, damn.

I guess having ILM, Amblin and Universal approve the piece should take a back seat.....

You guys continue to crack me up.

No glass eyes, ever until we get out of this scale. They look like cheap doll eyes, sorry, but they are horrible.

Stan Winston hand painted them and that's good enough for me.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #140
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I should have listened to you guys regarding the footprint, damn.

I guess having ILM, Amblin and Universal approve the piece should take a back seat.....
This base and statue in general looks amazing, Paul. If i hadn't hated JW this piece would be a no brainer really, can't wait to see the rest of the 1:9 line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
No glass eyes, ever until we get out of this scale. They look like cheap doll eyes, sorry, but they are horrible.

Stan Winston hand painted them and that's good enough for me.

Paul
Isn't the Perot museum 1:5? Glass eyes looks incredible on it i think.