Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-10-2023, 09:56 PM   #311
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Those models they're advertising are super crisp.
True, and they'd likely be just as crisp if not more so if they went with PVC, which would likely be the way they go if they're also selling them in stores.

The store angle is just speculation on my part. I've heard nothing.

Also, DiscoCougar, PCS does have a history selling small products in Gamestops. It doesn't frequently get advertised on these boards, but they've sold small PVC Transformers, GI Joe and maybe more.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 09:57 PM   #312
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Nope. You just prefer collecting rocks I guess.
You can tell by looking at a statue if it's not resin. Plastic cheapens the look. That's the whole point of buying them right? To just look at them right. Yeah it's cheaper I get it....but just not for me. Buy the one's you want and sell the one's in the pack you don't want to break even. I'm sure that's what's going to end up happening for a bunch of people.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:01 PM   #313
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Also, DiscoCougar, PCS does have a history selling small products in Gamestops. It doesn't frequently get advertised on these boards, but they've sold small PVC Transformers, GI Joe and maybe more.
Those GI Joe pvc's, right? But even that brings up another angle I didn't think of until now - item value. Those GI Joe's sold out once they went on clearance after being on shelves for (what?) 2 years. And that line kinda crashed and burned because they had the perception of being easy to find and more expensive than what people wanted to pay. So, if you're gonna put this Street Fighter line in store, it's not gonna look good if some of these collect dust and only sell once (if) they get put on clearance...

It's been a while since I took a marketing class. But I remember learning how brand value and product value walk a fine line once you start putting products in physical stores.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:16 PM   #314
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Those GI Joe pvc's, right? But even that brings up another angle I didn't think of until now - item value. Those GI Joe's sold out once they went on clearance after being on shelves for (what?) 2 years. And that line kinda crashed and burned because they had the perception of being easy to find and more expensive than what people wanted to pay. So, if you're gonna put this Street Fighter line in store, it's not gonna look good if some of these collect dust and only sell once (if) they get put on clearance...

It's been a while since I took a marketing class. But I remember learning how brand value and product value walk a fine line once you start putting products in physical stores.
True, perception matters. I know PCS want to control their product more these days, hence why they're selling direct on their website again, and they want lower edition sizes across the board. But again, not sure if THIS line fits into those plans.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:19 PM   #315
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
You can tell by looking at a statue if it's not resin. Plastic cheapens the look. That's the whole point of buying them right? To just look at them right. Yeah it's cheaper I get it....but just not for me. Buy the one's you want and sell the one's in the pack you don't want to break even. I'm sure that's what's going to end up happening for a bunch of people.
It's not cheaper. PVC is superior to standard statue polyester composite resin. Those models in the shot are resin but not the resin we get. Those pics are of Polyurethane resin.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:20 PM   #316
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
People will for sure, on here, fb, or PCS' recently announced plans for essentially 'flipping', on their own website.

Someone can already hit me up to buy the other character that comes with Gen...
Old 05-10-2023, 10:20 PM   #317
qz33
Doctor Doom

Also since it says PO I doubt they will be available at retail?
Old 05-11-2023, 06:13 AM   #318
VILE GUILE

Quote:
It's not cheaper. PVC is superior to standard statue polyester composite resin. Those models in the shot are resin but not the resin we get. Those pics are of Polyurethane resin.
I'm simply stating that statue's/figures made from PVC/PLASTIC are cheaper to buy, than one's made from polystone resin. I'm not sure what you're talking about?
Old 05-11-2023, 09:42 AM   #319
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I'm simply stating that statue's/figures made from PVC/PLASTIC are cheaper to buy, than one's made from polystone resin. I'm not sure what you're talking about?
Every statue is made of plastics. For the same size and a relatively low ES these would cost more if done in PVC than polystone.

PVC is usually too expensive for larger scales like 1/4.
PVC statues are usually cheaper because they are much smaller than Polystone statues and because PVC stats are sold in far greater numbers to recoup the costs.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:59 PM   #320
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Every statue is made of plastics. For the same size and a relatively low ES these would cost more if done in PVC than polystone.

PVC is usually too expensive for larger scales like 1/4.
PVC statues are usually cheaper because they are much smaller than Polystone statues and because PVC stats are sold in far greater numbers to recoup the costs.
I don't agree from my experience over the years. Just take for example Rebor Studios who makes a lot of seven inch Dino figures/Gorilla's etc. Their stuff is made from heavy weight PVC and they average $50-$60 dollars. Now if made from resin, those would be at least $100-$150. I see what all kinds of stuff sells for in PVC/plastic and it's not just due to smaller scale.