Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Aphrodite IX AP statue recall

just got this email from Moore Studios...

We are writing to update you on the Aphrodite IX Artist Proof Statue damage issue. After consulting with our factory, we have decided to issue an immediate recall of this item. Customers who received this item are urged to inspect the large disc on the base for damage in the form of peeling/tearing, noticeable varnish smears, or Styrofoam damage.

IF YOU RECEIVED A DAMAGED APHRODITE IX AP STATUE:

Please email service@csmoorestudio.com by May 10, 2007 to notify us if your statue is damaged, so that we can arrange for shipping the statue back to the Studio for repair or replacement. (NOTE: This only applies to statues ordered direct from The CS Moore Studio Ltd. If you ordered through another source you are urged to contact the seller to arrange return of the item to our Studio.)

We will issue return call tags for statues that were shipped to you via UPS or FedEx, or will issue a shipping refund for statues shipped via USPS.

Statues must be received at our Studio in saleable condition (with the exception of the disc defect), so please take care in repacking the piece for return. Returns sent via USPS should be sent to:

The CS Moore Studio Ltd.
PO Box 695
Parkton, MD 21120

Statues returned to The CS Moore Studio will be handled in one of two ways:

If the large disc has noticeable varnish smears or minor Styrofoam damage but NO TEARS OR PEELING, we will attempt to correct the piece at the Studio. We have tested a solution on several pieces at the Studio with great success, and the corrected pieces look beautiful. Pieces that fall in this category will be corrected within a relatively short time period and returned to the customer at our expense. Customer will get the same piece/number back that they return.
If the large disc has ANY tears or peeling, we will make a note of the number the customer received, and will return the piece to the factory in China for repair. Once we determine the number of pieces being returned to the factory, we will be able to update you on the approximate turnaround time for these pieces. Customers will be issued refunds for pieces that need to be returned to the factory, and will be re-invoiced when the corrected piece arrives at the Studio (unless the customer wishes to cancel his/her order, in which case a refund will be issued and the order will be cancelled.) Again, customers will get the same piece/number back that they return, at no additional shipping charge.
IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE YOU APHRODITE IX AP STATUE YET:

We have statues in the Studio now that we are correcting, and we will ship these corrected pieces out to customers who have not yet received the statue as soon as possible. We will ship to customers with the lowest original order number first, until our stock of corrected statues is depleted. Once our stock is depleted we will issue refunds to customers who did not receive the statue, and will re-invoice them when the corrected pieces arrive at the Studio (unless the customer wishes to cancel his/her order, in which case a refund will be issued and the order will be cancelled.)

Customers with questions about this issue can contact us at service@csmoorestudio.com. Thank you for your continued patience and we apologize for the inconvenience and delay.

Clayburn Moore
President
The CS Moore Studio Ltd.
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
patrickwm68
The Flash

Now this is the way to treat your customers!!! Now why couldn't Bowen do this with the so-called BCFRN problem?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
Viking28
U talkin' to me?

TOP NOTCH ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope my number is low enough so I get one of the corrected ones now! ahaha
Viking28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
Anespian
Sinister Six

Oh gosh. The anticipation continues. Wonder how long would it take for the whole process of shipping it to those which have yet to receive them in the first place, knowing from the lowest no first. Nevertheless, top notch CS - Customer Service.
Anespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Clay = Class
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Clay = Class
I'd just like to thank everyone for the support on this project. We're trying to take care of it in the best method possible for everyone and we ask for everyone's patience on this. I can only say that it has been a project fraught with problems since the beginning....It is even more frustrating that the factory did a nice job on production and I'm happy with the look of the piece and I hope you all are, too. To have this happen as the result of a simple packaging decision is especially frustrating. Bear with us as our goal is to get as close to perfect statues to everyone as possible as soon as possible.
Thanks again,

CSM
Clayburn S Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 AM   #7
Anespian
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayburn S Moore View Post
I'd just like to thank everyone for the support on this project. We're trying to take care of it in the best method possible for everyone and we ask for everyone's patience on this. I can only say that it has been a project fraught with problems since the beginning....It is even more frustrating that the factory did a nice job on production and I'm happy with the look of the piece and I hope you all are, too. To have this happen as the result of a simple packaging decision is especially frustrating. Bear with us as our goal is to get as close to perfect statues to everyone as possible as soon as possible.
Thanks again,

CSM
The Man have spoken.
Anespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
kirthew
Zot

Finally had a chance to check mine out... Beautiful Beautiful statue, removed the styrofoam... and was very saddened... There is a little varnish and some pieces hanging on the sticker.. emailed CS... And I just have to say... Thanks Clay for all your hard work on this project... I know it has been a nightmare... but you have a collector for a long long time... Now about that Atom Eve statue...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
GangstaRoranous
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Clay, simply put, you are the man. Thank you for going the extra mile and doing the right thing. Great customer service like this will keep me coming back for more. I can't wait to get Aphrodite IX and I know that I will be very pleased. The statue looks incredible from all the photos I have seen.
GangstaRoranous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #10
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

With that being said..... does that mean for those who already has the defective one WILL still gets to hold on to their piece until a replacement arrives, like Amy (from customer service) stated?
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote