Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

This section is becoming a bit of trouble...

Ok, anyone who frequents this section probably realizes that we have more arguments and disagreements here than just about any other place on the forum. While debate and discussion is the reason we're here, arguing and complaining is not. Oh, and for the internet lawyers out there, reviewing a product, for good or il, is NOT libelous.

The manufacturers in this section are producing some of the highest priced pieces a collector can buy. People with the means and desire to purchase these pieces don't do so on a whim. Much thought and deliberation can go into spending $1000s on a single piece, let alone trying to collect an entire line of pieces in that price range.

For these reasons, I can understand people here being a bit more protective of their collections and reacting to anything they view as a "negative" comment about them. However, those "negative" comments have as much validity as "positive" ones. Peoples opinions, even if you don't agree with them, must be accepted.

If you see a post which you feel is unacceptable or wrong (personal insults towards a member or producer for instance), point it out to a moderator. Don't start to attack the person who posted, it makes you just as guilty. A review or comment about something which you don't agree with is NOT something you should report. It is something you should either ignore, or better yet, discuss in an intelligent and articulate way with the other member. If you can't agree, then simply go your separate ways.

There has been discussion about closing down this section entirely. I don't want to do it because I want the members who CAN get along to have a place to discuss these companies, and I want the owners, artists and people involved with the companies to have a place to get feedback and show off their amazing products.

That being said, if a review or critique of an item is posted that a producer doesn't agree with (based on some factual element being wrong, not simply disagreeing with the members statement), I would encourage them to post on the forum and explain the error in the members post. It not only corrects any misconceptions, it serves to get involved a little with the forum and create more excitement for your product.

Last edited by galactus; 07-30-2008 at 12:53 PM.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Ok I agree with allot of what you are saying but shutting down the forum is abit over board like you said this is a forum after all where you can discuss AND criticize different pieces. I admit to arguing to make my point and i only argue if i know i am correct in what i am saying.

I don't think i have ever said to some that statue sucks or the artist who made that is bad i have always compared statues and companies and in my view that is a good thing to do as it gives people who are going to buy an expensive piece an insight as to whats good about a statue and whats bad.

I say again shutting down this forum because of a few would be complete lunacy...
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father_Jack View Post
Ok I agree with allot of what you are saying but shutting down the forum is abit over board like you said this is a forum after all where you can discuss AND criticize different pieces. I admit to arguing to make my point and i only argue if i know i am correct in what i am saying.

I don't think i have ever said to some that statue sucks or the artist who made that is bad i have always compared statues and companies and in my view that is a good thing to do as it gives people who are going to buy an expensive piece an insight as to whats good about a statue and whats bad.

I say again shutting down this forum because of a few would be complete lunacy...
Drew (i.e. Galactus) did say he didn't want to close down this forum. It would totally be a last resort action.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Good post drew and something I think needed to be said.
I personally don`t have a problem with people liking or disliking cinemaquettes (cm`s being the main trouble spot here) one man's food and all that. But what I do have a problem with and what really pi$$es me off is when someone states they don`t like a piece and then feel the need to continually state that fact, it`s being done purely to goad the collectors of these pieces and get a reaction out of them. That more than anything needs to be stopped imo.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I personally don`t have a problem with people liking or disliking cinemaquettes (cm`s being the main trouble spot here) one man's food and all that. But what I do have a problem with and what really pi$$es me off is when someone states they don`t like a piece and then feel the need to continually state that fact, it`s being done purely to goad the collectors of these pieces and get a reaction out of them. That more than anything needs to be stopped imo.
You are absolutely correct. This is the behaviour which is the constant route of all problems in this section.
Thankfully I do believe we've seen the last of it.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
That works both way's,that has started because some people in this section just refuse to believe that this 2000$ collectible is far from perfect!!!and like I've mentioned before,companies need to know what's wrong so that we get the maximum value we are paying for and to raise the bar in the collectible market.I don't favor any one company if they mess up they will hear it from me.But when they hit the spot i will also be one of their biggest cheerleaders!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
Vracula
Jedi Order

and i also agree with the fact that if the mod's feell that a post if going to start some trouble they have full right to delete it.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

However, those "negative" comments have as much validity as "positive" ones. Peoples opinions, even if you don't agree with them, must be accepted.

GREAT post Drew, and something that needed to be said here as others said. I really like this part, though, as I think the "overly defensive" people do just as bad as the people that continuously bash or post negative comments towards a piece.
IF people just said their stance (be it positive or negative) and let it go, then there would be no problems.
The problems starts when people start to NOT accept opinions, both positive AND negative, from other members. Then we have these endless arguments, that not only do this section any good, but scares people away and close many good threads.
In the end of the day, it's all about how you say things and express these opinions. _Constructive_ criticism should be always encouraged everywhere.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
caleyking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Please don't shut this board down.
caleyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 AM   #10
iansilv
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Why is this section getting shut down?!?

Kidding of course

I think that one of the ways it could be less contentious is if a couple fo the heavily discussed companies got their own forum areas. People who like those companies would go to the forums dedicated to the companies and not find another product they don't like as much to pick on.

Just my thought.
iansilv is offline   Reply With Quote