Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman were arguably far, far, far more popular than Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury prior to the Marvel cinematic Universe. Remember that there is still two generations out there that were raised on the Superfriends and Justice League shows. Not to mention that the original Teen Titans was on TV for 5 seasons. I would go so far as to say that the Titans or even Young Justice were more widely known that the Guardians of the Galaxy before that single trailer hit.
Dc basically has the members of the justice league. Jury is still out on how popular the guardians of the galaxy will be for the general public.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #22
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Have to say not really a fan of the character but it looks like he may get a movie.

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...edium=facebook
One of my favorite characters in a lot of ways, and one of the greatest Golden Age super heroes, who outsold Superman 2 to 1 during his heyday. If (big "if") done right, a Shazam movie would be a huge hit, especially with kids. The original Captain Marvel is one of the most appealing super heroes of all time, especially to kids.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #23
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I heard that Channing Tatum is going to be Shazam

PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I heard that Channing Tatum is going to be Shazam

I officially retract my earlier post.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #25
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Will be announced at Comic-Con. Shazam is scheduled for July 2016.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #26
kaza5555
New Republic

I am pretty sure the Rock is involved with this movie if it is true. Here's what he said few months ago. Sounds like a Shazam movie to me.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/dc-co...perherobut-who
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #27
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

IF the Rock is in this film. he will be Black. he said it himself. he wanted to do a Character that has not been done before in live action. and Black Adam is it. and BA is a bad ass and can throw down with Superman and has Superman like strength.
its the obvious choice. no way he is Shazam. he def fits the mold for BA.
looking forward to the announcement at CC.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made Shazam black. As cool as Black Adam is I just don't see WB/DC wasting Johnson on a C-List villain.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #29
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well technically half black.
but if they do that. then im not too sure about how good this film will be. i like the rock. but not sure if ill like him as a popular superhero. maybe as MMH. that would be the only one and possibly Hawkman.
but him being the main antagonist in this film would be very cool. but im sure im wrong. and they will do just what i dont want them to do..its inevitable..
man i def do not want to see the Rock as Shazam. i just dont think hes that good of an actor for that kind of role. hes always played the good guy. would be cool to see him played a villain. dont think he has ever done that in a live action film other than the Mummy. but that doent really count for it actually wasn't even him.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #30
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I think Johnson would be great for the role and perfect to sell the concept. Shazam is one of those characters I have no problem with them making black. It might make him appeal to a different and wider audience. The character hasn't had a huge following since the 60-70's if even then anyways.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote