Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-05-2019, 09:31 PM   #241
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Harley and a few characters might be "grandfathered", though even with Harley, we got the jester suit rather than anything more recent.
I'd be surprised if the 1990s Mister Freeze from the animated series wasn't a heavy influence on Tweeterhead. Most people would just be confused by earlier incarnations of that character.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #242
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd be surprised if the 1990s Mister Freeze from the animated series wasn't a heavy influence on Tweeterhead. Most people would just be confused by earlier incarnations of that character.
Augen, you need this:

Spoiler

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:39 PM   #243
Augen
The Hulk

I'll pass.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:21 PM   #244
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Tweeterhead also has great balance being roughly 50/50 on male/female character so more options for me. XM has 20/80 right now so only Wonder Woman and Jessica Cruz for me. I'm sure they'll do other female heroes, but Super Power Line is the prized line in my collection for foreseeable future.
No Harley? Do you only collect female superheroes?

I think Tweeterhead Super powers line will become the prized line of my collection as well. I can see myself own 20+ of their statue in just a few years. Tweeterhead is the only company out there that provides balanced options (male/female, popularity of character etc). The diversity of characters in superpower line makes me look forward to their 2019 reveals.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #245
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
No Harley? Do you only collect female superheroes?

I think Tweeterhead Super powers line will become the prized line of my collection as well. I can see myself own 20+ of their statue in just a few years. Tweeterhead is the only company out there that provides balanced options (male/female, popularity of character etc). The diversity of characters in superpower line makes me look forward to their 2019 reveals.
Good point, 30/70 then.

Almost always I favor heroes over villains. The two Harley Quinn pieces I have (Kotobukiya Bishoujo and Joelle Jones DC Cover Girl) I got for about half of MSRP. I have similar feelings about Catwoman and Poison Ivy. If Tweeterheads Harley gets clearance way Supergirl did I'd buy her, but I'm fine missing out despite it being an amazing piece.

The big thing is diversity and if XM makes characters I want I'll be there the way I'm there for Tweeterhead. I cannot wait for chad to show off so many characters in 2019 and 2020. I'll finally get my Big Barda and Mary Marvel I thought I'd never get, and obviously Power Girl is a must t make the line complete to me.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:28 PM   #246
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Good point, 30/70 then.

Almost always I favor heroes over villains. The two Harley Quinn pieces I have (Kotobukiya Bishoujo and Joelle Jones DC Cover Girl) I got for about half of MSRP. I have similar feelings about Catwoman and Poison Ivy. If Tweeterheads Harley gets clearance way Supergirl did I'd buy her, but I'm fine missing out despite it being an amazing piece.

The big thing is diversity and if XM makes characters I want I'll be there the way I'm there for Tweeterhead. I cannot wait for chad to show off so many characters in 2019 and 2020. I'll finally get my Big Barda and Mary Marvel I thought I'd never get, and obviously Power Girl is a must t make the line complete to me.
I can't wait for a Balent Catwoman. Big Barda too!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:39 AM   #247
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They are the first company to give us the full Justice League 7 up front... Most companies only give you a couple... So far XM is giving us

1. Wonder Woman
2. Aquaman
3. Superman
4. Batman
5. Flash
6. Green Lantern
7. Cyborg

On top of that there also doing...

8. Lobo
9. Shazam
10. Black Adam
11. Darkseid
12. Joker
13. Harley
14. Deathstroke

I think that's a pretty good start...
TH appears to be the 1st company to give us the original 7 JL members, plus the Titans. It's cool that we have 2 companies to pick and choose from.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:58 AM   #248
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I can't wait for a Balent Catwoman. Big Barda too!
I thought I had heard rumblings about that as well, but Balent-era Catwoman comes well after 1990.

Though for the record, the Balent-era Catwoman is easily - easily - my favorite Catwoman costume. The current one being solicited by tweeterhead is beautiful, but doesn't say Catwoman to me personally, that's not my era. And the black leather suit she's had for the last decade is just boring and lazy IMO.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:02 AM   #249
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
TH appears to be the 1st company to give us the original 7 JL members, plus the Titans. It's cool that we have 2 companies to pick and choose from.
And neither is doing a Sinestro... I know most people put Black Adam with Shazam, but for me the Black Adam/Sinestro bromance will always be the better pairing. Ever since Geoff Johns put those two guys together, it was like peanut butter and jelly. Best villain 1-2 punch ever? No question!!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:25 AM   #250
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
And neither is doing a Sinestro... I know most people put Black Adam with Shazam, but for me the Black Adam/Sinestro bromance will always be the better pairing. Ever since Geoff Johns put those two guys together, it was like peanut butter and jelly. Best villain 1-2 punch ever? No question!!
Damn you. Now I want a PB&J.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote