Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 AM   #31
Darth Mystery
Loki

Yeah sorry to hear that.

I've seen the same thing on a Emperor, the chair is glued to the pole of the base and it seems that this glue let's go when you put the statue down pretty hard, at that moment everything else from the Emperor that's also glued to the base breaks.

I am not sure but if you can keep it and get the money, maybe you can put it togheter without seeing it, send some pictures.
Good luck with the insurrance.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #32
lordsidi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey,guys or gals,,some info needed about ebay sellers. When I won the auction,i opted to pay for the insurance on the Palpatine and when the box arrived it had the label/sticker stating item was insured. Now after discovering it was broke and bringing it to the Post Office,they stated I needed the other half of the insurance label /sticker,but the Seller would have filled that out and have kept that portion. Would he have filled out MY name on the insurance sticker,because i mean I am the one who eventually is paying for the insurance,once my paypal payment is received,correct? Should the seller be ready to send me the other half of the insurance label,because when i contacted him thru email,he said I needed to take it up with the Post Office,since he says it was shipped intact,and must have been broken in transit,,however he didn't mention,that he would send me the other part of the insurance stub,so I can be compensated?....Has anyone else had to go thru this process with insurance,and can u tell me what the proper procedure is?....P.S....is there any way to resecure the emperor throne to the support column,,i mean,the seat is still attached to the column,,but is loose. Now would Hot glue or something be strong enough?>..any advice would be appreciated.
lordsidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #33
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsidi View Post
Hey,guys or gals,,some info needed about ebay sellers. When I won the auction,i opted to pay for the insurance on the Palpatine and when the box arrived it had the label/sticker stating item was insured. Now after discovering it was broke and bringing it to the Post Office,they stated I needed the other half of the insurance label /sticker,but the Seller would have filled that out and have kept that portion. Would he have filled out MY name on the insurance sticker,because i mean I am the one who eventually is paying for the insurance,once my paypal payment is received,correct? Should the seller be ready to send me the other half of the insurance label,because when i contacted him thru email,he said I needed to take it up with the Post Office,since he says it was shipped intact,and must have been broken in transit,,however he didn't mention,that he would send me the other part of the insurance stub,so I can be compensated?....Has anyone else had to go thru this process with insurance,and can u tell me what the proper procedure is?....P.S....is there any way to resecure the emperor throne to the support column,,i mean,the seat is still attached to the column,,but is loose. Now would Hot glue or something be strong enough?>..any advice would be appreciated.
sorry to hear about this....super glue works best, but you should post pics so we can see just how bad the damage is...
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #34
lordsidi

I'll need to borrow a friends digital cam for pictures,but I will try to post some...like someone above mentioned,,it looks like the shipping box was dropped hard enough to have the throne's weight crack the column. truthfully,even though there was a lot of styrofoam and plastic around the statue,,i wished he put more underneath the throne,to soften any impact,but I hope I'm not boring u guys with my story.,I appreciate any input,since this is my first broken statue,,and my first Attakus,,that why I'm so upset.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #35
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yes, pictures will help. Depending on the damage, you could try Aves Epoxy(number one repair "tool" out there)
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #36
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsidi View Post
As far as I know Insurance claims are always filed by the seller on the buyer's behalf. The Post Office does indeed need his portion of the Insurance sticker to process the claim. I'm not sure you could even file the claim if he were to send you his portion of the sticker but if your Post Office is telling you otherwise then you might want to go that route since you wouldn't have to run the process through him. Best of luck to you.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 AM   #37
Josh2K4
Nightwing

mine has the same problem but I bought it in this condition (it was my first piece). Later, I got mine repaired by a "statue-doctor" you wouldnt even know It ever happened now....
Josh2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #38
lordsidi

Hi,guys...still trying to get some pictures of the damage for you. Someone mentioned Aves Epoxy, and I would like to know where I can get this?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #39
StephaneAttakus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyway,

ON a broken statue, Insurance are no good, trust me on that one.

If you sign and receipt the box without claiming, they wile use the clause of 'recipient sign an undamaged package on ...date...'

If the statue is broken inside and the outside box is clean, forget about it.
But we've repaired many of those so far, just make sure you don't loose any part or you'll have to do them over again and that's a pain in the neck.
StephaneAttakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #40
lordsidi

So your telling me,if during transit of package thru THEIR system,and putting insurance on the amount of the item in case of damage,,the Post Office will not reimburse me???..Then why do they even have insurance for packages?...Cause they obviousley caused the damage,and I did not sign for this package,it was simply put on my porch,without needing a signature. I'm getting more and more pissed off about this every day.