Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #651
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i prefer it to not light up - im sure it would end up looking more bulky, be heavier causing potential leaning issues with the cards and cost more
I took the plunge and had to order this as Gambit is one of my favorite X-Men As well as this dynamic pose is Epic. I have the old Bowen Gambit which is also amazing still to this day! Bowen statues look great in person and Gambit is no different when it comes to a masterpiece!

Even though the cards would look cool to light up with LED’s many bring up good points that if for any reason burn out sooner then later then not only does it bring the value down, but most collectors dont want to have something on there collectible that they know years down the road will no longer work unless you preserve them as long as possible barely using them.

I think a better alternative to LED lights would to somehow make the neon pink plasma painted with a Glow in the Dark paint or use a technology like Hot Toys Luminous Reflective effect so when shining a Black Light on it will make the Plasma Glow And that effect is always good never dying like LED’s...

I think more ways to use glowing and reflective elements can make things like glowing plasma look amazing versus cool looking LED’s Die Eventually and cant be Replaced..

You can have the option to turn off the Black Light and it will look exactly how it looks now in pics, but turn on a Black Light and be wowed with Glowing PLASMA!

Sideshow please make that happen!

Plus, Glow in the dark paint or a luminous reflective effect would not add as much extra cost as LED’s might do.

PS: Does anyone know another good photo hosting site as TinyPics has been shut down?
That is so whack... Every pic I ever posted on this forum is gone since I hosted them with TinyPics.... :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E307C36D-470B-4CB5-BB5C-534C04056B15.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	125951  
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #652
SONICobra
Batman

just copy the photo adress into the image brackets

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #653
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
just copy the photo adress into the image brackets

Thanks
What if Im not using a photo address and am using a photo uploaded from my phone camera?
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #654
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

oh, ----...here we go.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #655
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Finally ordered this guy after seeing him at NYCC - this piece is really brilliant. I still have some lingering concerns about the engineering of it but given that I haven't had any leaning / bending issues in the past (previous Spidey PF balancing on one hand is still impressively stable, etc) I figured I'd go for it. Fingers crossed the production holds up!

Also, if anyone has Rogue and is considering this, definitely go for it, they look incredible together.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #656
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Thanks
What if Im not using a photo address and am using a photo uploaded from my phone camera?
Use imgur to get the photos from your phone and make a link.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:14 PM   #657
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Finally ordered this guy after seeing him at NYCC - this piece is really brilliant. I still have some lingering concerns about the engineering of it but given that I haven't had any leaning / bending issues in the past (previous Spidey PF balancing on one hand is still impressively stable, etc) I figured I'd go for it. Fingers crossed the production holds up!

Also, if anyone has Rogue and is considering this, definitely go for it, they look incredible together.
I have Rogue and Gambit will most likely be my last piece for a while.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:56 AM   #658
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
I have Rogue and Gambit will most likely be my last piece for a while.
both brilliant choices
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #659
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think I am going to pre-order this on Thursday. I have some concerns with leaning being an issue. The only leaning issues I have encountered was OG Superman PFF. I have some real trust issues with SSC but this looks too badass to pass on.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #660
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
I think I am going to pre-order this on Thursday. I have some concerns with leaning be an issue. The only leaning issues I have encountered was OG Superman PFF. I have some real trust issues with SSC but this looks too badass to pass on.
Looking at my Amazing Spider-Man right now...still going strong. I think a lot of the recent statues in the past few years have been holding up well. We’ll be fine with this one but time will tell.

Whenever leaning is discussed I think about huge statues in public that lean or dangle off a wall for years and years with no noticeable issues. Of course those are way more expensive endeavors with different materials used as well.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote