Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #111
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Until you become a Mod here, don't dictate what I can or can't say on a piece.
Where do you get off assuming I am telling you to say or don't say something about the piece. Constructive criticism is a word I used and you took it out of context.

Or when I said the word "Exactly" you assumed you think I was trying to dictate your opinion about the piece.

You can say anything you want my friend because where I come from we have a little something called "Freedom of Speech".

And you couldn't pay me to be a moderator on this forum, I have better things to do with my time.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:42 PM   #112
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I am a moderator here, and I'm going to strongly suggest you guys stop the bickering.

Damn. Is there something in the water today
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:19 PM   #113
dechirico7
The Flash

There is no aspect of this piece that I like. The portraits are decent but the rest is too frumpy. There is no sex appeal with that baggy kimono. The pose is bad. I think the combo of the pose and kimono are not working here, at all. I get the attitude they are going for, it is just over kill here.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #114
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
This may come as a surprise to some, but, currently, I am not feeling this at all...and here is the main reason why I say that.

HARLEY IS A BORING CHARACTER TO DO IN STATUE FORM!!! Just.....boring! She's got no special abilities except being Joker's walkover carpet.

If XM decides to shelve this character and do Two-Face instead, I would be more than happy.

I think the face is pretty nice, but, just not feeling the character. Maybe if they had Harley sitting on a chair in a joint pose with the Joker....eh....I can't even think of anything remotely appealing in a pose for her. I just can't. No company to this day has done her justice IMO...and it's not really their fault. Harley is similar to Emma Frost to me...they are just dull characters to make statues of. Emma Frost less so because she at least has ability to turn her skin into diamond toughness, but companies seem scared to touch that part of her ability. Harley....she's just....BLAAAAAHHHHH.....
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #115
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
This may come as a surprise to some, but, currently, I am not feeling this at all...and here is the main reason why I say that.

HARLEY IS A BORING CHARACTER TO DO IN STATUE FORM!!! Just.....boring! She's got no special abilities except being Joker's walkover carpet.

If XM decides to shelve this character and do Two-Face instead, I would be more than happy.

I think the face is pretty nice, but, just not feeling the character. Maybe if they had Harley sitting on a chair in a joint pose with the Joker....eh....I can't even think of anything remotely appealing in a pose for her. I just can't. No company to this day has done her justice IMO...and it's not really their fault. Harley is similar to Emma Frost to me...they are just dull characters to make statues of. Emma Frost less so because she at least has ability to turn her skin into diamond toughness, but companies seem scared to touch that part of her ability. Harley....she's just....BLAAAAAHHHHH.....
I see what you're saying, but there are nice Harley statues out there that represent the character much better than this one.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #116
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Looks worse than Witchblade
I'm sorry...but Witchblade is a stellar statue and can be seen in physical form. Harley is a concept that has been worked on a long time and gone many reworks...so that should tell you something.

For the record, I think companies want to play with her zaniness too much instead of wait for it.....showing her psychotic, ruthless nature because she does have that as well.

XM...my opinion here....instead of going for a non-functional lean on bat pose with a goofy look to boot, try making her more maniacal and ruthless with her getting ready to take a swing at something, and then have a switch out with her holding a gun with a joker like prop coming out of it or something.

Play with her ruthless nature and not her goofy nature.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #117
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I see what you're saying, but there are nice Harley statues out there that represent the character much better than this one.
I agree there are statues that better represent Harley, but what I'm saying is that HARLEY JUST SUCKS AS A STATUE! She's boring. In the video games or movies, she is much more interesting because of her mentality which can be brought to the screen much easier.

THE SS statue....pfft....the Prime 1 statue.....pfft (although the actual sculpt and details is great), DC statue w/ hyenas from about 6 years ago....maybe the best representation I have seen of her...but still...meh.

The best thing I have seen of Harley is SS's 1/6 action figure line, but they still need to have a sinister head for her.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #118
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My dream Harley would be wonderfully made by XM, however they are stuck using the Japanese theme.

My dream piece, which I think is pure Harley, is her walking the hyenas with a pop-gun in her hand. The hyenas could have shreds of torn cape in their mouth -- or better yet, Joker suit (take that Mr. J!). Change of heads can show her being evil, laughing or perhaps blowing a bubblegum bubble

Instead of a popgun, she could have a bazooka lol

Sorry, that was a thread derail.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #119
Boller
Doh!

I saw this posted on xm's facebook yesterday and just glancing at it, it seemed off. The more I looked the more off it seemed to get. I think it might be because of the pose. It seems really awkward.
Boller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #120
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

This one is really cute. I'm liking it a lot more than the previous concept.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote