Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2016, 01:21 PM   #3631
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Make sure you look close at the Sirens base. When i got mine it had a hairline fracture between her tail and where it meets the stone. It looks like they just puttied the two together. In one day that hairline crack became substancial. I wonder if they just tried to patch it again and shipped it out to someone else....
Thanks for mentioning that. I'll have another look at it although the 30 days have now passed on that one as well.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #3632
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Have we ever had confirmation that this truly happens? I'm not saying you're wrong, but a few people on here have suggested something similar and I'm wondering if this is fact. Do you know if any forum member received a piece they know for a fact was returned broken, or sub par, by another collector? I know that these days SS tell us they only have 'limited replacements' so does that mean they trash all returns or only the 'bad' breakages?
I recieved a Savage She-Hulk 1/5 that had clearly been touched up on the leg and sent out to me. The brown shipping box had not even been replaced and had writing all over it, internal plastic bag and top cardboard piece missing as well. My Spider-Woman PF was absolutely perfect other than the base having scratches and chips on it...also someone else's return due to the shipping box. Personally, I think that SSC has a team of people who correct the issues and replace the problem parts before shipping the item back out and that isn't a problem but to simply fix a broken part and ship it out is deceptive, if it happens.

The first Scarlet J Black Widow PF came up in an email newsletter long after having been sold out. I bought one of the few that they had available. When it arrived, all the accessories looked new but there was a pull in the fabric of her uniform and there were scratches on the base. Again...second time out...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #3633
Johnneeukca
New Republic

So it seems it's happening in some instances at least! I received Skratch last week and the shipper had a 'X' in sharpie from one corner of the box to the other. The art box looked fine, the polystyrene had the QC sticker on it too, but Skratch's tail was cracked near the hindquarters ... now you have me wondering. Ed no, 1208.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #3634
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Have we ever had confirmation that this truly happens? I'm not saying you're wrong, but a few people on here have suggested something similar and I'm wondering if this is fact. Do you know if any forum member received a piece they know for a fact was returned broken, or sub par, by another collector? I know that these days SS tell us they only have 'limited replacements' so does that mean they trash all returns or only the 'bad' breakages?
I thought it was proven that they ship out returns. A member received another member's return. They could tell based on the edition number. Could have been a rumor. I can't remember.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote