Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Adrienne Colan, R.I.P.

Adrienne Colan, R.I.P.
via news from me by evanier on 6/21/10

Adrienne Colan, wife of comic book artist Gene Colan, was found dead this morning in the home she and Gene once shared. Time and cause of death have not been determined.

The Colans had been separated since early April when a physical altercation left the 84-year-old artist with a broken shoulder. Adrienne later pled guilty to having caused the assault, and Gene's affairs are now being handled by his children and an attorney. Gene has been hospitalized since the incident.

The Internet has been filled with rumors and speculation and amateur psychiatry from afar about this sad family matter...and even though I got dragged into some of it, I won't pretend I understand it all. But at the moment, Gene is healing and Adrienne is gone and most of it falls well into the category of "none of our business." That's all I have to say about it except that I'm glad Gene is getting the proper care and attention. He is a great and wonderful man and he did not deserve any of the unpleasantness he has experienced.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Adrienne Colan, R.I.P.
via news from me by evanier on 6/21/10

Adrienne Colan, wife of comic book artist Gene Colan, was found dead this morning in the home she and Gene once shared. Time and cause of death have not been determined.

The Colans had been separated since early April when a physical altercation left the 84-year-old artist with a broken shoulder. Adrienne later pled guilty to having caused the assault, and Gene's affairs are now being handled by his children and an attorney. Gene has been hospitalized since the incident.

The Internet has been filled with rumors and speculation and amateur psychiatry from afar about this sad family matter...and even though I got dragged into some of it, I won't pretend I understand it all. But at the moment, Gene is healing and Adrienne is gone and most of it falls well into the category of "none of our business." That's all I have to say about it except that I'm glad Gene is getting the proper care and attention. He is a great and wonderful man and he did not deserve any of the unpleasantness he has experienced.
Totally true.

Regardless of whatever took place to hurt Gene, I'll bet he didn't want things to end like this and it's sad it lead to the hospitalisation of a classy hero of mine, the disolution of a marriage and the death of a lady...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote