Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #91
Justin
Jedi Order

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #92
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You're right Mike I do spend a lot of time here, and as a result I think I have a pretty good handle on a lot of the "regulars", and you sir are nothing more than a braggart, who takes some sick delight in telling us all how much money you spend on art, showing off your pieces etc....

Yet I often see a glaring discrepancy in the compliments you fish for, as opposed to the very, very, few you seem willing to give to others?
Damn, now that is a burn.
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #93
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric View Post
Damn, now that is a burn.

In that guillotine type way too.
Ouchie.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #94
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

When buying original art pages, I have always had a good enough experience, but commissions, that is another story altogether. I have ordered somewhere between 5-10 commissions through Spencer over the years, and only 1 has come close to what I asked for. I agree with the person who posted that he sees his artists as his customers not the person spending hundreds to thousands of dollars. Never any prelims, often the piece didn't go with the description I sent. With one commission I was promised an extra free 1 character commission from an artist (through Spencer on the phone) due to serious screw ups on the artists behalf. When the package arrived, no extra piece. When I asked about it, I was told that was never offered or discussed. It is really difficult, because he reps some of the best artists out there, so I try not to stir the pot too much because I don't want to get banned from future purchases.
Titan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #95
kirthew
Zot

Wow... this thread went from a Bashing/Praising Spencer thread to a Bashing Marvelboi thread really quick...

My personal dealings with Marvelboi are few and far between... but every time I have crossed paths with him... they have been pleasant...

Now Spencer... Meh.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #96
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I figured switching to this avatar was a clever way to show off art that I haven't shown off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post

yeah, where'd your CAF art go? Feel free to PM me if you like

Yeah! I've been meaning to ask that myself. Where did your gallery go? You could PM me too if you would not mind. You did get me to put my stuff up and you do have my Del Otto Silver Surfer piece .
Seriously though, I had that favorited.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote