Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #1711
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

That's the thing. Not once have I ever been excited about opening up a box because I am always so nervous! Praying please don't be broken and my vega, cammy and ken arrived with broken/unglued parts. Now chun-li looks so delicate I'm so scared...
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #1712
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I just wish PCS would just get better foam boxes. This crumbly stuff is just not gonna hold.

I soooo want to love this piece enough to buy it. I really do. I grew up with MK and the lin kuei were my co-favorites!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #1713
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Loric, I agree that collectors go way overboard all the time, but you can't honestly believe that busted pieces are nitpicking. You honestly telling me that you'd be happy if your piece arrived w/ some of these issues people are reporting already??? I was hyped to FINALLY get this piece next week and I'm going to cringe opening it up now. Not even excited anymore.
No, but problems like the little issue on the lava, a little paint outside a crevice or line (Spiderman Comiquette) especially on an a part that wont be seen, are what I consider nitpicking.

But massive problems like Rogue PF googlyeyes, cracks and noticeable paint chips, pegs not lining up with the base, magnets falling off, etc. are bigger problems. I don't begrudge people from complaining. The broken knee pad is unacceptable. But the lava situation, hell I barely see what the problem is from the picture taken. Also, will that even be visible when looking at it from the front view of how he might be posed?

Anyways, I hope these problems are not commonplace! But while we on the subject, I think a major part of the problems of these statues from PCS is that crappy ass styrofoam these statues come in. This is UNACCEPTABLE! Its messy, not as protective to the statues, easily broken apart, ugly, etc.

I don't get how Jerry is so into perfection with the statue, but give us the crappiest packaging to go along with it. I'd rather pay an extra $20 to get a better packaged statue, than take the chance with flimsy packaging just to save a few bucks. Hell we spending $300+ for this statue, so what the hell is $20 more for a better packaged and protected statue?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #1714
antnie
I am da law!

So since tomorrow is scheduled to be the last flex, will it just be pushed to Monday since sideshow is closed tomorrow?
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1715
ComputerFly
The Phantom

I would cancel this if you have the opportunity.

Mine came in completely broken in half, I'm sure due to the absolutely terrible packaging, and the magnet also popped out of the torso, like the others are saying.

The paint, while clean, is just lackluster. All the deep black and bright gold colors are dull and lifeless.. washed out looking. The lava paint is horrific in color (think 'corny').

Everything about this statue screams cheap to me.

Sorry Jerry, I really wanted to give it a chance, but this is the worst product I've ever purchased through Sideshow. The concept and sculpt are good, but the execution is just poor.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #1716
T-Jam
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
I would cancel this if you have the opportunity.

Mine came in completely broken in half, I'm sure due to the absolutely terrible packaging, and the magnet also popped out of the torso, like the others are saying.

The paint, while clean, is just lackluster. All the deep black and bright gold colors are dull and lifeless.. washed out looking. The lava paint is horrific in color (think 'corny').

Everything about this statue screams cheap to me.

Sorry Jerry, I really wanted to give it a chance, but this is the worst product I've ever purchased through Sideshow. The concept and sculpt are good, but the execution is just poor.
thank you. most accurate description to date. i was so unimpressed with this statue that i packed it up to ship back on monday and preordered the syco scorpion instantly. i cant even apologize to jerry cause im so frustrated over having to sweep my entire living room for the crappy styrofoam that disintegrated. this is ridiculous already. this was my last statue from pcs on preorder and its now my last ever. hopefully syco comes through (im not too worried, cant be much worse)
T-Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #1717
Vracula
Jedi Order

If mine arrives broken, this will be the first and last pcs product i will ever buy, this styrofoam has been continously ignored for very long now and obviously done to save money nothing else.And since im not really happy with syco, ill just wait to for a more competent company to handle it.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #1718
T-Jam
I am da law!

oh yeah. and i forgot to mention that the holes in the base are huge so the whole statue leans far left. almost falling. no magnet in the body to hold the heads. broken kneepad. chipped skullhead.....ah screw it. too many problems. thankfully i dont like it so im happy for once to send a statue back. good luck to everyone else though.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #1719
T-Jam
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
If mine arrives broken, this will be the first and last pcs product i will ever buy, this styrofoam has been continously ignored fir very long now and obviously done to save money nothing else.
my thoughts exactly brother V. my brother came into the room and asked why i destroyed the packaging. lol. i couldnt help cracking up. its just idiocy at this point. 300+ dollar statues with 2 dollar packaging. hope yours arrives in good condition V
Old 04-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1720
Vracula
Jedi Order

Yeah i hope so too.If its broken im stuck with it since sending it Is quite a waste of money.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote