Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #1771
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
But honestly, this seems mostly due to packaging issues from what I have seen and heard so far.

But packaging is still a part of the final product. You could have a "perfect" piece but what is the point if packaging doesn't protect it? I don't collect the SF line so I had no idea this was an issue in the past. If collectors have been complaining about this, if it has caused damage issues on previous pieces, why has the problem not been addressed?? Hard to feel bad for him at this point, there's no excuse other than cost-cutting to maximize profit. I'll all for businesses maximimizing profit, but not at the expense of the final product. But I see cheap packaging, bad magnets, a plastic chain where I *assumed* it would be metal, etc. and you start to see a general theme on how somebody does business. I won't be making the same mistake in the future, good luck to those that do.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #1772
T-Jam
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
But packaging is still a part of the final product. You could have a "perfect" piece but what is the point if packaging doesn't protect it? I don't collect the SF line so I had no idea this was an issue in the past. If collectors have been complaining about this, if it has caused damage issues on previous pieces, why has the problem not been addressed?? Hard to feel bad for him at this point, there's no excuse other than cost-cutting to maximize profit. I'll all for businesses maximimizing profit, but not at the expense of the final product. But I see cheap packaging, bad magnets, a plastic chain where I *assumed* it would be metal, etc. and you start to see a general theme on how somebody does business. I won't be making the same mistake in the future, good luck to those that do.
T-Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #1773
T-Jam
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaako View Post

prices are going up but product quality went down , plus shipping cost went up and they are saving on packaging material too
buddy. you hit it right on the head.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #1774
T-Jam
I am da law!

Quote:
Ive said this before a hundred times on this forum, but I would never post here. Too much drama, too many crybabies, too many people they can do something better than the sculptor or painter that did it....wha wha wha.

Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying no one should not complain, as it seems to have many problems with it. But honestly, this seems mostly due to packaging issues from what I have seen and heard so far.
ok. here's me jumping down your throat. there is no drama or crying. and no one ever said they could do better. receiving a statue with dull paint, lava thats been painted with highlighters, and a plastic chain have nothing to do with packaging. i paid for a statue that amazed me in pictures and then severely dissapointed me upon receipt.apart from that comes the broken pieces and debris field left by the packaging. im the majority here. lots of buyers have issues with this statue and they should voice those issues. i think i've read one person like it and another likes it because he cant do any better. seriously? im supposed to pay 350+ for a sub quality statue because i cant paint any better. wow. and just my opinion but what's the difference if jerry posts here or not when he clearly ignores the tons of posts concerning his packaging. there's even a poll thread now about it....which im sure jerry wont take into account either
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #1775
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I agree 100%. I made a post in the styrofoam poll thread that stated that I will not buy a statue with poor packaging from PCS.

This is not just about PCS either. As much as I want to buy some of ARH's wonderful statues (Spartacus, Athena, etc.), I simply never will because they do not take the time to give me a solidly designed box that the statue comes in.

Sorry, but I believe in excellence. If you take the time to make a high quality statue, then take the time to make it presentable. I am not a fan of plain boxes. Never have been, never will. Likewise, I am not a fan of cheap crumbly styrofoam. This was my main gripe with the SF line from PCS and I have not bought another PCS statue since Zangief. Guile I had used my points from SS and got him for free and sold it at cost to a guy who buys my statues locally.

Im telling you now, if Judge Dredd is packaged in that crap, it will be the worst statue with breakages in the history of collectibles. I really believe that!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #1776
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jam View Post
ok. here's me jumping down your throat. there is no drama or crying. and no one ever said they could do better. receiving a statue with dull paint, lava thats been painted with highlighters, and a plastic chain have nothing to do with packaging. i paid for a statue that amazed me in pictures and then severely dissapointed me upon receipt.apart from that comes the broken pieces and debris field left by the packaging. im the majority here. lots of buyers have issues with this statue and they should voice those issues. i think i've read one person like it and another likes it because he cant do any better. seriously? im supposed to pay 350+ for a sub quality statue because i cant paint any better. wow. and just my opinion but what's the difference if jerry posts here or not when he clearly ignores the tons of posts concerning his packaging. there's even a poll thread now about it....which im sure jerry wont take into account either
I think you forgot to read the part where it said MOSTLY!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #1777
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
I think you forgot to read the part where it said MOSTLY!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #1778
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Didn't Jerry say that the good styrofoam was going to be used from Mumm-Ra and now on?
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #1779
loricstone
Kang

And T-Jam (does that stand for toe jam?), my statement was a general statement about people complaints.

The first part of the quote was not specific to the MK statue so take it easy on me...I was not pointing out anyone specific. I TOO AGREE that this is not the same looking statue that appears on the box. And there is no reason why this statue should have so many problems. But MOST of the problems seems like it has to do with packaging....at least it seems that way. Broken knee pads, poor magnets (manufacturing problem), and really flat paint on the hands on the base and different gold color on the gold parts of Scorpion!

So I am not disagreeing with you T-Jam, but the packaging compounds the problems more than it should. I can't tell about the paints on the lava base, as it is hard to see what the problem is in pics. Maybe it seems like neon paints or something? I really can't tell. How is lava supposed to look on a statue?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #1780
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
LOL nice test.