Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #6161
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Yeah i'm digging all the old school game prints. The Phantasy Star by Killian Eng is great too.
If only it was Phantasy Star II. Maybe he'll make one for part II.

I can't wait to see what other game prints they have upcoming. Golden Axe is pretty cool but I don't need a print from it. Streets of Rage needs a good print. I'm not crazy about the one they released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
they have some really cool prints on Cook Becker, but their pricing is just ridiculous. $230 for a 13 x 20 Mirror's Edge print? $215 for a Last of Us print? $175 for a Bioshock Infinite print? Sorry, but not in my lifetime, not for video game related prints. Its not surprising that 90% of their prints still haven't sold even half of their overall edition sizes. the only way I would pay those kinds of prices for gaming prints is if the prints themselves were absolutely breathtaking, were printed on some of the worlds best Japanese Washi paper, and had edition sizes of 25 or less.

If I have to choose between buying a single print from Cook Becker or 3-6 prints from competing companies....well, Cook and Becker will lose out each and every time. Hell, I just got the first 4 prints from AurumLight's Splash Hero series and they were beautiful high quality 18x24 prints, were signed and numbered, and all 4 prints were roughly $60 less than a single print from Cook Becker.

thanks, but no thanks!
I think this company is targeting a high end art consumer. I found their site some time ago. Never purchased but I noted them as a company to watch just in case.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #6162
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
they have some really cool prints on Cook Becker, but their pricing is just ridiculous. $230 for a 13 x 20 Mirror's Edge print? $215 for a Last of Us print? $175 for a Bioshock Infinite print? Sorry, but not in my lifetime, not for video game related prints. Its not surprising that 90% of their prints still haven't sold even half of their overall edition sizes. the only way I would pay those kinds of prices for gaming prints is if the prints themselves were absolutely breathtaking, were printed on some of the worlds best Japanese Washi paper, and had edition sizes of 25 or less.

If I have to choose between buying a single print from Cook Becker or 3-6 prints from competing companies....well, Cook and Becker will lose out each and every time. Hell, I just got the first 4 prints from AurumLight's Splash Hero series and they were beautiful high quality 18x24 prints, were signed and numbered, and all 4 prints were roughly $60 less than a single print from Cook Becker.

thanks, but no thanks!
Yeah, it's insane. The worst is definitely their Bioshock Infinite pieces, which for the most part aren't anything more than screenshots, for some $250. Been eying 'Above it All' from Mirror's Edge myself for months, but at $295 for a 20"x32" I just haven't found it in me to pull the trigger yet. I will eventually though. I adored the game, and that image in particular just speaks to me.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:22 AM   #6163
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Skinner Creative — AKIRA Foil Screen Prints

Signed Akira AP's
Screen Print on foil
Approximately 24" x 18"
£40.00

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #6164
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Very cool.. Just bought one.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #6165
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That seems cheap for a metal / foil print. The normal release happened some time ago. I don't think there was mention here. Honestly, if I was going to get an Akira print this would be it.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:27 AM   #6166
Luminous
Cyclops

If I didn't already have the Stout I'd be all over that.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 AM   #6167
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
If I didn't already have the Stout I'd be all over that.
The Stout is still king, by a mile! Love your frame-up too. If I had that piece I'd be totally content as well. That said, it's no Stout, but I'm satisfied with my Silence TV Akira print.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #6168
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Stout is still king, by a mile! Love your frame-up too. If I had that piece I'd be totally content as well. That said, it's no Stout, but I'm satisfied with my Silence TV Akira print.
Totally forgot about that one. Also awesome. Did you frame it?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #6169
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Totally forgot about that one. Also awesome. Did you frame it?
Yes sir! Been on my wall for a while now. Kept it simple and took the minimalist approach, much like the print itself.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #6170
Luminous
Cyclops

So nice.