Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #311
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’ll be getting this one and including the current Spidey I have on pre order this one will make 7 Peter Parkers and a Miles for me. Bring on the 1/4 Spideys.
Dope Spider-Man is my favorite character as well I always say no but they always get me some how. I have to limit my multiple statues to him and the bats but there is so much cool ----.that xm doc oc looks sick
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #312
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

This should have been the 1st PF in a Sinister six line up with proximity bases, now that they have stuck Doc Ocks tentacles on the base means that there obviously wont be a companion full Doc Ock PF to go with this.

It's a shame as well because Sideshow did a Sinister Six blog post a last year that promoted this new PF so it's not like they hadn't thought of it - https://www.sideshow.com/blog/the-ev...-sinister-six/

Doc Ock deserves more than just his tentacles on Spideys base.

I'd even be happy with a bog standard museum pose Doc PF, for some reason the XM version does nothing for me.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #313
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Lol. I think it’s great but here lies problem with Sideshow owning licence. How long until they do a doc ock , electro, lizard , scorpion etc etc

XM is only company tackling B,C characters right now and doing it well with MTO . I’ll keep supporting them until my collection is complete . Waiting for the right piece takes years and I’m not doing that anymore
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #314
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Lol. I think it’s great but here lies problem with Sideshow owning licence. How long until they do a doc ock , electro, lizard , scorpion etc etc

XM is only company tackling B,C characters right now and doing it well with MTO . I’ll keep supporting them until my collection is complete . Waiting for the right piece takes years and I’m not doing that anymore
I've been into collecting 5-6 years and still don't have a good 1/4 comic batman. Thankfully p1 came along with zero year, still want a traditional comic batman though. Makes me wanna get into the custom market but i don't wanna spend the custom money.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:05 PM   #315
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I've been into collecting 5-6 years and still don't have a good 1/4 comic batman. Thankfully p1 came along with zero year, still want a traditional comic batman though. Makes me wanna get into the custom market but i don't wanna spend the custom money.
If you're purchasing XM and P1 (certain ones) then you're practically already there.

SS's Maq's are there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
This should have been the 1st PF in a Sinister six line up with proximity bases, now that they have stuck Doc Ocks tentacles on the base means that there obviously wont be a companion full Doc Ock PF to go with this.

It's a shame as well because Sideshow did a Sinister Six blog post a last year that promoted this new PF so it's not like they hadn't thought of it - https://www.sideshow.com/blog/the-ev...-sinister-six/

Doc Ock deserves more than just his tentacles on Spideys base.

I'd even be happy with a bog standard museum pose Doc PF, for some reason the XM version does nothing for me.
Can't believe I missed this! Thanks for the link
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #316
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

I’ve given up the idea of complete collections. I wanted a full line up of Blue/Gold X-Men but we’re getting repeats of Jean and Psylocke (although they both needed it considering their first PFs) yet popular characters like Beast and Iceman haven’t been made at all.

I used to get every Gotham character to build that line up. Now I just have a few versions of Batman. I have Rhino, no other villains, and a growing collection of Spider-Mans. Its not just the prices, but losing interest and wanting more free space as well, I don’t care to wait on sideshow to complete something that may never happen.

And I collect for the character, not the value, but since I have been clearing out some of my less loved characters to have more free space and less personal attachments, a lot of these things just don’t hold even retail value. There’s too many options. Even something I want like new Jean, it seems better to wait for a regular on the aftermarket since I don’t like (or even understand???) the Ex and I can just pay less money to have it which decreases my chances of losing money if I ever want to sell it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #317
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I’ve given up the idea of complete collections. I wanted a full line up of Blue/Gold X-Men but we’re getting repeats of Jean and Psylocke (although they both needed it considering their first PFs) yet popular characters like Beast and Iceman haven’t been made at all.

I used to get every Gotham character to build that line up. Now I just have a few versions of Batman. I have Rhino, no other villains, and a growing collection of Spider-Mans. Its not just the prices, but losing interest and wanting more free space as well, I don’t care to wait on sideshow to complete something that may never happen.

And I collect for the character, not the value, but since I have been clearing out some of my less loved characters to have more free space and less personal attachments, a lot of these things just don’t hold even retail value. There’s too many options. Even something I want like new Jean, it seems better to wait for a regular on the aftermarket since I don’t like (or even understand???) the Ex and I can just pay less money to have it which decreases my chances of losing money if I ever want to sell it.
Agreed, it's probably one of the stupidest EX's I've ever seen.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #318
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Yeah even though what you said is a contradiction:
not collecting for value, while being concerned about value, I totally understand you and feel the same.

I preordered Black Cat regular for 500€, I thought low ES and the lovely face and pose would make her sell out quickly, just to find one 3 weeks later for 350€, EX too.... guess she wasn't popular at all.

I still love her, but every time I walk by I think about the missed bargain and her potential low resale value, if I ever chose to sell her, which I highly doubt.

On topic:

I'm really waiting for the reveal, the last PF from Sideshow is great and since it's still available I have hopes for a reasonable price (lol).
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #319
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’ve been forced to shell out big coin on XM to get characters I want . If I add my shipping and import costs to Canada I’ll never break even not even close but they do sell easily at a discount lol. On a positive my collection is rounded out just waiting on Green Goblin and Hobgoblin I can rest easy .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #320
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I’ve been forced to shell out big coin on XM to get characters I want . If I add my shipping and import costs to Canada I’ll never break even not even close but they do sell easily at a discount lol. On a positive my collection is rounded out just waiting on Green Goblin and Hobgoblin I can rest easy .
Yeah, XM costs ~1000-1200€ here, most pieces don't even resell for 800€ (like Carnage).
For me XM is pure hit and miss, they made some of the best statues and also some really bad ones...
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote