Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #1721
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yeah, it's awful. Reminds me of the cheap, trashy look of ARH boobs. At least these nips aren't pointed up toward the ceiling (and they're not hot pink).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #1722
French Cancan
Deadman

Ha ha Some silicone injected in the polystone. Red Sonja did'nt need - deserve - that. This guy just lost 600$. Everybody knows how expensive is the plastic surgery.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #1723
French Cancan
Deadman

OUR BELOVED QUEEN U R AS A FLAMING LIGHTHOUSE ON THE SHORE OF OUR SAD EXISTENCES !!!

Penguins, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, stop derailing this thread, or the hell’s bandoors will be opened!
Old 10-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #1724
French Cancan
Deadman

GRROOOAARRRHHH GRAWWWWW YERK YERK YERK GRAAAAWWWWWRRHHH

Fine! Thanks Penguins, that's better.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2017, 08:05 PM   #1725
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, it's awful. Reminds me of the cheap, trashy look of ARH boobs. At least these nips aren't pointed up toward the ceiling (and they're not hot pink).
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:03 PM   #1726
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Aside from the upward nipples i think ARH breasts are better than these, gotta give arh some credit lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:30 AM   #1727
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW.....that looks horrible.
That's what i called an epic fail. The price of $1,395.00 is just plain stupid.
The seller will be lucky to get the money back they spent on the pre-op Sonja
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:30 AM   #1728
Popnfresh98
Doh!

Howdy there, I'm new to statue collecting and sideshow overall and was thinking of making this here varmint the first.

I just had a couple of questions.

Firstly as the delivery date is so far off, is it worth preordering now? I've read that it's not worth to do it until the ES is revealed so I'm waiting for that either way. And if there's any idea of when that will happen would be helpful too to this complete noob!

To add to that, I guess I should also ask if there's a good chance it will go on sale at some point or have a free shipping offer as well, as I'm guessing they won't retroactively reimburse you for any deals between when one orders and when it's shipped out.

Secondly, I noticed the EX is $10 more. Now for that $10, it's easily worth it. However in the reg version shipping is free at the moment. My question is how much do these statues usually cost in shipping? I usually collect 1/6 scale figures and sideshow already overcharges shipping on those (~$20), so I'm afraid to imagine what they may charge on something that's so much bigger and weighs so much more.

That extra $10 may become an extra $50 for the flag cape alone.

Otherwise she looks phenomenal and I feel due to the way she's been presented the paint will have to be very close or dead on to the prototype. I bought one statue a long, long time ago but it was so off from the proto I didn't do it again... Until now. It seems they're more on target to the proto nowadays so I'm dipping my feet in again.

Any input at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Popnfresh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:47 AM   #1729
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popnfresh98 View Post
Howdy there, I'm new to statue collecting and sideshow overall and was thinking of making this here varmint the first.

I just had a couple of questions.

Firstly as the delivery date is so far off, is it worth preordering now? I've read that it's not worth to do it until the ES is revealed so I'm waiting for that either way. And if there's any idea of when that will happen would be helpful too to this complete noob!

To add to that, I guess I should also ask if there's a good chance it will go on sale at some point or have a free shipping offer as well, as I'm guessing they won't retroactively reimburse you for any deals between when one orders and when it's shipped out.

Secondly, I noticed the EX is $10 more. Now for that $10, it's easily worth it. However in the reg version shipping is free at the moment. My question is how much do these statues usually cost in shipping? I usually collect 1/6 scale figures and sideshow already overcharges shipping on those (~$20), so I'm afraid to imagine what they may charge on something that's so much bigger and weighs so much more.

That extra $10 may become an extra $50 for the flag cape alone.

Otherwise she looks phenomenal and I feel due to the way she's been presented the paint will have to be very close or dead on to the prototype. I bought one statue a long, long time ago but it was so off from the proto I didn't do it again... Until now. It seems they're more on target to the proto nowadays so I'm dipping my feet in again.

Any input at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
First of all welcome!!!

Now run for the hills! JK

With SS it's usually worth it to wait for the announced ES. SS does make a lot of statues in their edition runs, so a lot of times it helps to wait on pieces for deals and such.

Plus higher ES hurts overall aftermarket worth so you can usually pick up these pieces for cheaper whether through retailers, sellers or even SS themselves.

As far as when SS announces their ES's it's really anyone's guess. They usually have no rhyme or reason as to when they do it. Some pieces ES go up rather quick while others can take months. And then you have pieces like Thanos and Lady Deadpool who are announced right away before PO. Go figure...

For shipping it entirely depends on where you are located. Personally I'm in CA so it's usually $20-$45 depending on piece.

Their QC can be hit or miss so take my advice in that the other reason to wait on POing is to see it in person from others. With SS you can usually afford to wait on securing a piece to see reviews first since they rarely ever sell out.

Other than that have fun! Statue's are super addicting and a ton of fun! Usually...
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:14 AM   #1730
Popnfresh98
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
First of all welcome!!!

Now run for the hills! JK

With SS it's usually worth it to wait for the announced ES. SS does make a lot of statues in their edition runs, so a lot of times it helps to wait on pieces for deals and such.

Plus higher ES hurts overall aftermarket worth so you can usually pick up these pieces for cheaper whether through retailers, sellers or even SS themselves.

As far as when SS announces their ES's it's really anyone's guess. They usually have no rhyme or reason as to when they do it. Some pieces ES go up rather quick while others can take months. And then you have pieces like Thanos and Lady Deadpool who are announced right away before PO. Go figure...

For shipping it entirely depends on where you are located. Personally I'm in CA so it's usually $20-$45 depending on piece.

Their QC can be hit or miss so take my advice in that the other reason to wait on POing is to see it in person from others. With SS you can usually afford to wait on securing a piece to see reviews first since they rarely ever sell out.

Other than that have fun! Statue's are super addicting and a ton of fun! Usually...
Thanks chargersfan! I appreciate the warm welcome and the input. Apologies for the delay its been a tough week.

So what I'm gathering as the main point is delay delay as much as possible on the preorder, unless there's a deal or one would miss out on the EX. And it's best to wait for it to come out if possible as there's no guarantee on what the paint would be like.

Well I'll definitely keep that in mind and hold off on preordering at the moment. My only remaining question would be is: do they send an email or is there any way to sign up for a notification for when the EX )or regular in the case of no EX) becomes low stock? I wouldn't want to miss out just because some time lapsed between the last time I checked.

Ah yes, and it's good to know I'll be screwed on the shipping one way or the other ^_^

Well thanks again, and I'm glad to be entering into this! Just wish it was a bit closer as the loooong wait will take some of the excitement away.

Cheers!
Popnfresh98 is offline   Reply With Quote