Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > The Dazzler Group

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #7001
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by touche22 View Post
I'm in the wrong business. And here I thought I saw Merl in the playground. He's sure to stay away from the sandbox now.
Sorry, Merl....

I tried earlier with Becks and the other dudes....!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #7002
bat_collector
Galactus

remember some of us are at work. I don't want people thnking I'm looking at girlie sites at work!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #7003
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

you're absolutely right.....

In case your boss comes to your desk and looks over your shoulder....

THIS IS NOT A GIRLIE SITE!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #7004
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

MOVE ALONG......

NOTHING MORE TO SEE HERE.......
Old 11-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #7005
bat_collector
Galactus

lol

about DWTS, I've hated the show. I never really saw much until I saw emmitt smith beat mario lopez. It seemed more to point to america's obsession with athletes than anything else. I've seen a few episodes here and there, but overall do not like anything about the show (especially the hosts and judges).

And what, almost every winner since then was an athlete? Apollo, the stupid race car driver (I couldn't stand him), kristie yamaguchi.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #7006
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
lol

about DWTS, I've hated the show. I never really saw much until I saw emmitt smith beat mario lopez. It seemed more to point to america's obsession with athletes than anything else. I've seen a few episodes here and there, but overall do not like anything about the show (especially the hosts and judges).

And what, almost every winner since then was an athlete? Apollo, the stupid race car driver (I couldn't stand him), kristie yamaguchi.
Good points, Mike.

But in their defense.....and mind you this has NOTHING to do with whteher or not I believe an Athlete should win or not,.....

it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I've been dancing and competing for almost 10 years now, and one thing I can say about athletes, is that aside from the stamina they develop over time, their determination and personal drive comes full circle when engaging in such strenuous activities and exercise such as Ballroom and partner dancing. The LAST time I was so challenged (physically) BEFORE having gotten into partner dancing was when I competed in Gymnastics back in college.

Trust me, I can tell you that the athletes seem to win or do the "best" overall on this show becaus ethey are the ones who can ultimiately go through it all due to their level intense coaching and being used to being "coached", their long levels of longevity and endurance and not to mention the "mental" determination and drive with goes along with being a competitor.

In this case,...a "physical" competitor.

Lots of people can't get past the glamour or bling bling, but I'm not sure that most have ANY idea JUSt how taxing on the body it is too make a "split" look flawless, or a "Rondey" look effortless, or how incredibly challenging it is to maintain ones' own center and balance........let alone do the same for your partner.!!!, and just how much work and detail it takes to maintain a "pointed" foot rather than a "sickled" one. It's rediculous.

Dancing has been the most challenging hobby I've eveb been into. By FAR moreso than gymnastics.

For me,.....athlete or not,.....the best overall performer should win.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #7007
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Gah.. I graduated in '94.

I somehow don't feel quite so old now.

Not that I feel old to begin with, but I'm fully aware of the fact that I'm not in my 20's anymore.

By the way, Dan... feel free to email me also, as you have before.

I'm not as much into that crap, but I'm obviously not against it either.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #7008
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm 36.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #7009
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

33 here.. whoowhoo!!

I think Anand's the youngest.. or Merl.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #7010
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Pointing your foot is a pain in the ass...

... in martial arts you have to do that a lot.. I took karate and kung fu as a kid.

I totally concur about athletes having the mental and physical conditioning/endurance necessary in order to do well on those dancing shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Good points, Mike.

But in their defense.....and mind you this has NOTHING to do with whteher or not I believe an Athlete should win or not,.....

it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I've been dancing and competing for almost 10 years now, and one thing I can say about athletes, is that aside from the stamina they develop over time, their determination and personal drive comes full circle when engaging in such strenuous activities and exercise such as Ballroom and partner dancing. The LAST time I was so challenged (physically) BEFORE having gotten into partner dancing was when I competed in Gymnastics back in college.

Trust me, I can tell you that the athletes seem to win or do the "best" overall on this show becaus ethey are the ones who can ultimiately go through it all due to their level intense coaching and being used to being "coached", their long levels of longevity and endurance and not to mention the "mental" determination and drive with goes along with being a competitor.

In this case,...a "physical" competitor.

Lots of people can't get past the glamour or bling bling, but I'm not sure that most have ANY idea JUSt how taxing on the body it is too make a "split" look flawless, or a "Rondey" look effortless, or how incredibly challenging it is to maintain ones' own center and balance........let alone do the same for your partner.!!!, and just how much work and detail it takes to maintain a "pointed" foot rather than a "sickled" one. It's rediculous.

Dancing has been the most challenging hobby I've eveb been into. By FAR moreso than gymnastics.

For me,.....athlete or not,.....the best overall performer should win.
Closed Thread