Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #731
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll pick this one up down the line. Once I pay off a few of my pre-orders. I'm sure it will still be in stock. The majority of people don't have money these days. Maybe SS will make a good one before then and I can save a little money. If not I'm definitely getting this one. He looks great.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #732
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I wouldn’t wait long . Spider rogues especially in recent times have sold fast and cost a lot after the fact . This is a huge rogue
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #733
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I wouldn’t wait long . Spider rogues especially in recent times have sold fast and cost a lot after the fact . This is a huge rogue
Yeah I agree, in fact I wouldn't wait on any XM pieces that are close to shipping. Once they get in hand and videos are up, they very quickly sell out if they're any good.

Look at the whole XMen line, even well before shipping a lot of them were sold out (Emma, magik, Iceman to name a few).

This doc will absolutely not last long especially when it starts shipping. You'll be able to get it down the line from a secondary market but be prepared to pay large for it. I guess one "advantage" of sideshow is they produce 2 million of everything they do, so you can still get it years later. I'm still regretting passing on magik but at least got all the rest I really wanted.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:29 PM   #734
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Magik and white queen remind me of what happened with storm and scorpion . Even to this day they are still highly sought after at premium prices .
Old 09-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #735
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Magik and white queen remind me of what happened with storm and scorpion . Even to this day they are still highly sought after at premium prices .
I still find it strange which of the XM pieces, do the best in the after market. You can still get Vulture, Kingpin, Mysterio, and Kraven all for a reasonable cost. With Scorpion, he is not really a popular rogue but he sold out so quickly and now fetches a huge amount. I passed on Doc Ock, but have pre-ordered Green Goblin which I think looks amazing! Also he is my favourite of the Spidey rogues gallery.
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #736
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'm still regretting passing on magik but at least got all the rest I really wanted.
I'm in the same boat. I regret waiting to PO Magik.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #737
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwesty View Post
I still find it strange which of the XM pieces, do the best in the after market. You can still get Vulture, Kingpin, Mysterio, and Kraven all for a reasonable cost. With Scorpion, he is not really a popular rogue but he sold out so quickly and now fetches a huge amount. I passed on Doc Ock, but have pre-ordered Green Goblin which I think looks amazing! Also he is my favourite of the Spidey rogues gallery.
Those you mentioned had larger ES and were done in earlier days of XM. Scorpion is of superior sculpt and paint quality . One of XMs best imo . I love original Vulture it’s truly underrated and nobody will make a better one . I think Doc Ock is going to wow people and I also POd Green Goblin just because his ES is so low .
Old 09-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #738
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm betting on Ock being in stock for just enough time for me to snatch him up. If it sells out everywhere that's ok. I'll just continue to wait for SS to get off their fat asses and make a non-Sideshow'fied Doc Ock. We shall see.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:36 PM   #739
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They haven’t done a villain other than Symbiotes and GG. With X line making them money and now Bat rogues where does Spiderman fit in? It’s been way too long
Old 09-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #740
Halcyon
Loki

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I'm betting on Ock being in stock for just enough time for me to snatch him up. If it sells out everywhere that's ok. I'll just continue to wait for SS to get off their fat asses and make a non-Sideshow'fied Doc Ock. We shall see.
In europe this one is sold out for few months now.
ES is nice at 600

wtf, just looking at it.
XM pushed Doc back some more??
bcs they pulled some other statues to the front, like:
Darkseid - Rebirth DC (1/6)
X-Men VS Sentinel Marvel (1/6)
Rocket & Groot Marvel (1/4)
these where not in the Q3 list before..
I need him this year
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote