Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 AM   #431
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuckr68 View Post
I should say hide them, not cover them up. Gave you the wrong impression there. Anyhow, my point is that gray hulk had a neck seam with no change-o option. And we've seen more delicate, more problematic statue builds than his head ship connected to warrant his head being detached. Likewise, there's nothing appears irregular about the turtles's arms to warrant a seam at the shoulder either. They could have hidden the seams at the elbow pads. Again, we've seen statues built that way traditionally without issue, change-o or not, so i don't see the necessity for these either with regards to damage or packaging. Leo is up for order already, and his shoulder seam is on the preorder pics, too, so we can expect the final product will look that way.

I'm not saying there is a cost benefit, but only that it seems probable given the fact that we're seeing more of this during the same time prices are skyrocketing, and in comparison to similar statues of the past not having this feature...who knows.
Now I could be wrong, but I think that this was just digitally printed recently, and if it was, and if it hasn't even been through the modding and casting process then the head being detached on the Hulk was most likely so it could be printed separately, this allows you to print the head at a different resolution then you might otherwise do the body. It also allows for more freedom when it comes to printings hen you have various parts. It is more efficient too print multiple parts all at once. Now I could be wrong about the digital printing, but I will add that many traditionally sculpted statues have the head sculpt attached after the sculpt is done. It gives you the freedom to sculpt free of the body.

I will say that when you bring up the Grey Hulk PF not needing to have a detached head it makes me giggle a little. Mthey used the same body sculpt 3 times... So hey weren't going to remake the molds... And while they could have attached it afterwards that would have been a pain in the ass...lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:40 AM   #432
Spidey976

Only close up I have seen of Wolvoes face from the con from FB ... Thanks to Josh Zimm

Old 07-24-2016, 06:18 AM   #433
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If I do get this, I will probably display the Hulk by itself.

without wolvering.
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:30 AM   #434
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post

without wolvering.
You'll have a gaping hole in hulk's arm though.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:35 AM   #435
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I am ok with that.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #436
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:

without wolvering.

Quote:
I am ok with that.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:43 AM   #437
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Now I could be wrong, but I think that this was just digitally printed recently, and if it was, and if it hasn't even been through the modding and casting process then the head being detached on the Hulk was most likely so it could be printed separately, this allows you to print the head at a different resolution then you might otherwise do the body. It also allows for more freedom when it comes to printings hen you have various parts. It is more efficient too print multiple parts all at once. Now I could be wrong about the digital printing, but I will add that many traditionally sculpted statues have the head sculpt attached after the sculpt is done. It gives you the freedom to sculpt free of the body.

I will say that when you bring up the Grey Hulk PF not needing to have a detached head it makes me giggle a little. Mthey used the same body sculpt 3 times... So hey weren't going to remake the molds... And while they could have attached it afterwards that would have been a pain in the ass...lol
Yeah, I'm not speaking to this dio piece specifically because I don't know at what stage completion it's at. I'm talking more to the completed pieces...and your pointing to exactly what I was speaking about with gray hulk. They could have made a seamless version on the gray model, but most likely didn't just because of cost in doing so.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #438
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

[QUOTE=Spidey976;5283430]Only close up I have seen of Wolvoes face from the con from FB ... Thanks to Josh Zimm

Awesome! Thanks, I've been waiting to see that.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #439
Spidey976

Quote:

without wolvering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Quote:
I am ok with that.
CBG??? Is that you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuckr68 View Post
Yeah, I'm not speaking to this dio piece specifically because I don't know at what stage completion it's at. I'm talking more to the completed pieces...and your pointing to exactly what I was speaking about with gray hulk. They could have made a seamless version on the gray model, but most likely didn't just because of cost in doing so.
Yes in theory it would have been possible, but there is a process involved. Firstly, for the Hulk PFs the molded and cast whole pieces for each statue all in one shot. I could be wrong but I think the entire upper body is one piece... So they would have to have completely changed the molds to add the head, and that can lead to issues... To be honest I am not sure it would have worked. Which leaves attaching the head in permanently afterwards. Again that is totally possible, but it is very time consuming and lends itself to a structural weakness because there is a break right under the surface. Then they would have had to hanged the packaging, and that could have lead to more breakage. Now I am not saying it isn't all possible... Just that it would have cost a lot of time and money, and they are a business afterall, and I. The end the Greys all sold well without that extra pain in the butt.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:32 PM   #440
One Above All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
CBG??? Is that you???

Yes in theory it would have been possible, but there is a process involved. Firstly, for the Hulk PFs the molded and cast whole pieces for each statue all in one shot. I could be wrong but I think the entire upper body is one piece... So they would have to have completely changed the molds to add the head, and that can lead to issues... To be honest I am not sure it would have worked. Which leaves attaching the head in permanently afterwards. Again that is totally possible, but it is very time consuming and lends itself to a structural weakness because there is a break right under the surface. Then they would have had to hanged the packaging, and that could have lead to more breakage. Now I am not saying it isn't all possible... Just that it would have cost a lot of time and money, and they are a business afterall, and I. The end the Greys all sold well without that extra pain in the butt.
I believe you are referring to comic book guy?

please kindly get the admin and mod here to verify that I am not comic book guy.