Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Black Adam vs The X-Men
Black Adam. But its not easy 22 44.00%
The Uncanny X-Men. But its not easy. 28 56.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #11
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
More crazy writing over at DC again. If Black Adam is a peer of the likes of Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Power Girl and Billy why could they put the beat down on him? You mean to tell that Black Adam can wipe the floor with all of DC now?

WOW! We agree again. The world must be coming to an end.

BA while cool and powerful IMO couldn't handle all those charaters. Actually from the pic Firestorm alone would be enough to rock him. DC went a little crazy here.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #12
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
More crazy writing over at DC again. If Black Adam is a peer of the likes of Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Power Girl and Billy why could they put the beat down on him? You mean to tell that Black Adam can wipe the floor with all of DC now?

Yes he can when he doesn't share his power with anyboy. He's a Superman level being.

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #13
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yes he can when he doesn't share his power with anyboy. He's a Superman level being.

Who said anything about sharing power are you saying that Superman can beat every hero in DC combined? So can Supes beat Black Adam or Wonder Woman and her lasso or Orion and his Astro Harness?

Please remove your DC glasses from your eyes they are distorting your vision. Power Girl and Supergirl should be able to take down Adam alone let alone adding all these others.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Who said anything about sharing power are you saying that Superman can beat every hero in DC combined? So can Supes beat Black Adam or Wonder Woman and her lasso or Orion and his Astro Harness?

Please remove your DC glasses from your eyes they are distorting your vision. Power Girl and Supergirl should be able to take down Adam alone let alone adding all these others.
Always with the glassss... You know we talk about DC charactes here, i like almost all of them equally and i talk about what i read.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Always with the glassss... You know we talk about DC charactes here, i like almost all of them equally and i talk about what i read.
I read the same comics you read and I come away confused by the inconsistancy I find. From all that I know and have read of Black Adam I can't see him manhandling half the characters he took out in WW3. My beef is with the writers and their lack of memory and knowledge. This same craziness is going on in the current Hulk with the Red Hulk beating down a Watcher. I hope that you see that the writers really screw things up rather than blindly accepting everything they publish.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
I read the same comics you read and I come away confused by the inconsistancy I find. From all that I know and have read of Black Adam I can't see him manhandling half the characters he took out in WW3. My beef is with the writers and their lack of memory and knowledge. This same craziness is going on in the current Hulk with the Red Hulk beating down a Watcher. I hope that you see that the writers really screw things up rather than blindly accepting everything they publish.
But i like it, I believe they kept down Black Adam all those years. He should be capable of such a thing.

S for the stamina of Shu Using Shu's endurance, Black Adam can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe and can survive unaided in space.
H for the swiftness of Heru By channeling Heru's speed, Black Adam can move at sub-light speeds in orbit. In outer space, Black Adam can fly at trans-light speeds, while on Earth he has been depicted at running at Mach 500, while less powerful. (he is not less powered there anymore)
A for the strength of Amon Black Adam has a phenomenal level of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls and lift massive objects. Adam's strength is generally depicted of being on levels equal to those of Superman and Captain Marvel, though some writers have portrayed his strength as possibly outmatching them; on at least one occasion, he has been able to successfully hold his own against an assemblage of the Justice League, Justice Society, and the Teen Titans.[3] This is something neither Superman nor Captain Marvel have been able to do.
Z for the wisdom of Zehuti Black Adam has instant access to a vast level of scholarly knowledge. The wisdom of Zehuti also provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
A for the power of Aton Aton's power allows Black Adam to fly, fuels the magic thunderbolt that transforms Adam, enhances Adam's other physical abilities, and magic resistance against a massive amount of magic spells and attacks. Adam can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. (bye bye storm)
M for the courage of Mehen This aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Black Adam superhuman amounts of inner strength from which to draw. His strength of mind renders him resistant to telepathy and mind control. In some depictions, the courage of Mehen also provids a degree of his invulnerability to harm.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #17
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
But i like it, I believe they kept down Black Adam all those years. He should be capable of such a thing.

S for the stamina of Shu Using Shu's endurance, Black Adam can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe and can survive unaided in space.
H for the swiftness of Heru By channeling Heru's speed, Black Adam can move at sub-light speeds in orbit. In outer space, Black Adam can fly at trans-light speeds, while on Earth he has been depicted at running at Mach 500, while less powerful. (he is not less powered there anymore)
A for the strength of Amon Black Adam has a phenomenal level of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls and lift massive objects. Adam's strength is generally depicted of being on levels equal to those of Superman and Captain Marvel, though some writers have portrayed his strength as possibly outmatching them; on at least one occasion, he has been able to successfully hold his own against an assemblage of the Justice League, Justice Society, and the Teen Titans.[3] This is something neither Superman nor Captain Marvel have been able to do.
Z for the wisdom of Zehuti Black Adam has instant access to a vast level of scholarly knowledge. The wisdom of Zehuti also provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
A for the power of Aton Aton's power allows Black Adam to fly, fuels the magic thunderbolt that transforms Adam, enhances Adam's other physical abilities, and magic resistance against a massive amount of magic spells and attacks. Adam can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target.
M for the courage of Mehen This aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Black Adam superhuman amounts of inner strength from which to draw. His strength of mind renders him resistant to telepathy and mind control. In some depictions, the courage of Mehen also provid
I know all of these thing about Adam and again I say he has done little that Supes or Wonder Woman can't match or do better.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I agree to you about this.

They keep them down too. But it's kind of understandable. Villain should be more powerful so there can be a real challenge. But i don't see any reason to keep villain down. Lets see the true power of Black Adam.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #19
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
WOW! We agree again. The world must be coming to an end.

BA while cool and powerful IMO couldn't handle all those charaters. Actually from the pic Firestorm alone would be enough to rock him. DC went a little crazy here.
You are just being converted over into my way of thinking. I'm very contagious.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #20
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
I agree to you about this.

They keep them down too. But it's kind of understandable. Villain should be more powerful so there can be real challenge. But i don't see any reason to keep villain down. Lets see the true power of Black Adam.
Adam could clean house with all street level and all mid level DC guys in droves but when the big guns come in then they put him in his place. The WW3 story was not well written that well IMO. Villians will always lose no matter how much power they have.