Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #21
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Wow lay down the sauce. Why would i debate you when you have already made up your mind.
I'm open to listen to why you think I'm wrong.
Who knows maybe I am?
But apparently you think I'm an extremist and can't be reasoned with.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #22
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Your the one jumping to conclusions and have already dismissed me with my "worthless opinions".

If you had said "I think all Pitbulls should be euthanized" then you would have left from for debate. But you were so certain in your comment why debate?

From what i recall this is the second or third time you have had a go at me personally. Can you explain what it is I have done to garner this attention? Maybe PM me.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
The problem I have with him shooting the dog is this...It looks like he is in total control of the animal when he is on top of it.. he could have just used a "Cable tie" (police in NY carry them for mutiple arrests as they are issued one set of cuffs) or something else and Muzzle the dog.

The sad thing is some just take it to the extreme when they have power over people. And to me this seems to be another case.
dont look at the pic but read the article. a snapshot of the dog being held in control doesnt mean squat. the dog was thrown away from the officer and came back in attack mode and was shot. multiple people agree with that and only the owner of the dog and one person, from california mind you, thinks the dog was just trying to walk up the stairs. the owner should at the very least be charged with attempted murder of everyone person that was at the festival
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #24
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
dont look at the pic but read the article. a snapshot of the dog being held in control doesnt mean squat. the dog was thrown away from the officer and came back in attack mode and was shot. multiple people agree with that and only the owner of the dog and one person, from california mind you, thinks the dog was just trying to walk up the stairs. the owner should at the very least be charged with attempted murder of everyone person that was at the festival
I read the article. Since none of us really seen what happened, we will never know the truth...But the one truth I see is the in the pic and the picture speaks 1000 words. The Guy does not look scared or threatened in that pic. Looks very much under control. (also you can see that clearly in the people standing around)

Granted if he was Charged by the Dog he does have the right to protect himself...but again we will never know if that ever took place or not. (unless someone posts a Youtube video) so again I am just going on what I actually see in this case.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #25
protector2814
Phoenix

Don't trust the breed and never will. I walk my Malinois every day in the park behind my house. A very slight woman walks her pit and the dog goes absolutely nutzo when he sees me and my dog. Here's this 105 lb owner holding on to her 90 lb dog for dear life, the whole time verbally rationalizing w/ him. "No, No...she's a nice doggie, see, she's a nice doggie." I'm freaked everytime I see them. Not the 1st time I've had situations like this w/ Pitts. It's like they have a wire loose. If the dog in Adams Morgan was off-leash, ...recipe for disaster.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #26
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Don't trust the breed and never will. I walk my Malinois every day in the park behind my house. A very slight woman walks her pit and the dog goes absolutely nutzo when he sees me and my dog. Here's this 105 lb owner holding on to her 90 lb dog for deer life, the whole time verbally rationalizing w/ him. "No, No...she's a nice doggie, see, she's a nice doggie." I'm freaked everytime I see them. Not the 1st time I've had situations like this w/ Pitts. It's like they have a wire loose. If the dog in Adams Morgan was off-leash, ...recipe for disaster.

Agreed.

I love how some always say "surely there must be another way to handle the situation". That's great and all, but when a 70-100lb block of muscle with teeth and a pissy attitude is coming after you. I'm sure you'd put the dog down as well.

Once again, I'm a HUGE dog fan and think they're by far the best pet, but there are a few breeds I'll never like/trust. Pits, Filas, Chows, Shar Pei, Dogos and Presa Canarios.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #27
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

From reading the article, it seems fairly clear to me:

1. Idiot owner takes an un-muzzled dog (known to be a more dangerous breed) to a crowded venue

2. The dog attacks another dog

3. The owner injures himself attempting to stop the attack

4. Police arrive and attempt to subdue the aggressive dog.

5. Police then attempt to secure the dog by throwing it down a stairwell

6. The dog runs back aggressively toward police (and I can't see why anyone is so keen to give the dog the benefit of the doubt on this point as it has already demonstrated it's aggressive nature)

7. The police shoot the dog in defence of themselves (and the numerous people in the crowd)

I'm a dog lover to, but if people are looking to blame anyone, blame the owner
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #28
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Pit bulls should all be euthanized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Thats a pretty strong statement. I tend not to debate with that kind of thinking.
Good for you Bulls.

Pitbulls aren't the problem. The owners are...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #29
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Good for you Bulls.

Pitbulls aren't the problem. The owners are...
Right
So because this owner took out her trash she got killed by her two pits...she's the problem right?
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...?storyid=92579
Or
Maybe the owner actually attacked the kid and blamed it on his dog huh?
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14394407/...subid=10100681
Or
This dog was supposedly chained up so he's got an alibi right...and another owner strikes again.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep...t-bull-attack/

I can do this all day long.

Pits are a danger to everyone no matter how hard dog lovers try to convince people they're such angels.
Go tell a kid who's been torn up and laying in a hospital how fUc$ing sweet and lovable pits are.

armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 AM   #30
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

So sad that some people will stick up for a breed of when things like this happen. I know this kind of stuff can happen with any animal, but Labs, GR, etc.. don't attack the way other dogs do. Especially pits.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote