Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-17-2023, 12:14 PM   #511
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I was an IST customer for about 10 years, and then, not two years ago, a weird incident happened: apparently there was some mix-up at customs and my package got assigned a customs declaration for a completely different product for someone in Germany. It was nowhere near as expensive as my package, full of Omnis, so that raised suspicions and I got asked to state the "real value" of what I had ordered.

It took a lot of time and emails exchange to finally solve it. In the meantime, I reached out to IST several times, with quite a lot of time in between, explaining what had happened and asking them to please tell their courier to try and fix the situation by confirming my real value declaration.

They never answered. They didn't care at all that I might have lost about 500 Euros in comics.

Needless to say, they were dead to me from that moment on.

I moved on to Waltscomicshop in Berlin and never looked back. Yes, their discounts are not that deep by any means, but they do have a very reasonable flat shipping rate, and the shipping on IST had become prohibitive anyway and there are no customs involved (in my case), so it all evens out. Also, they reply very soon, they're accommodating (you can move books from an order to another should their release dates be altered), and Walt's bulletins are genuinely funny.

Just telling you this as a word of caution, so that you know that if something unexpected happens, you'll probably be sh1t ouf of luck.
Oh, That is so shoking to hear. I have been giving orders from IST since 2016. It has been 52 orders so far and i have never had such a problem. Thanks everything.

Walt is too expensive for at least Turkiye. They are selling the books two times more expensive than IST and shipping to Turkiye is very expensive as well. They are no good for me. I hope i will have no problem with IST, fingers crossed. Otherwise Amazon Turkiye will be my only option and they won't have variant covers for Omnibuses. :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 12:42 PM   #512
Shoo
Hercules

Yeah, looks like you have little choice then.

Fingers crossed!
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 11:21 AM   #513
daweasel27
Doh!

Guys, thinking of buying this GL Omnibus (35€) but have problems with the condition, what do you think? https://imgur.com/a/y0J6qhL
daweasel27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:33 PM   #514
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Impulse buy !

Not an Omnibus, but i got Suicide Squade: Get Joker ! OHC Anyone read it ? any thoughts ?
Old 06-24-2023, 10:14 AM   #515
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Man... It has been so long since i last read Superman, so i wanted to read some Superman. It was overdue to read Alan Moore Superman and I read Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow ? Deluxe Edition , but it was just mediocre. I mean this is seriously the best of classic Superman...? The Man Who Has Everything one shot in it was kind of ok though.

Then i started to read another Superman Deluxe Edition which i also had high hopes for, because it was written by Kurt Busiek. I read Superman: Secret Identity from him and it was good, but i am in the middle of Superman Camelot Falls Deluxe Edition by him and it was a waste of time to read for sure... But i paid for this mediocre piece of crap so i will finish it... lol

Whatever happens to these writers when they write monthly Superman title ? they are great on Superman minis or maxi series, but when they come to monthly Superman title, all of a sudden they start to produce mediocre crap...This is the second time with Busiek after Morrison... Grant Morrison, All Star Superman maxi series was superb. The Best Superman, i have ever read, but when he came to the monthly Superman book, the stuff, Morrison produced was such a mediocre crap... Are monthly Superman titles cursed or something ? lol
Old 06-26-2023, 11:47 PM   #516
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Ugh, sorry to read this. Just ordered one from www.cheapgraphicnovels.com. They?re my go-to; however, don?t know if they ship internationally.
The Breyfogle Batman volume 2 arrived and it?s pretty sweet!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:19 PM   #517
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Brightest Day Omnibus HC Ordered
Animal Man by Jeff Lemire Omnibus HC Ordered

They are not Omnibuses but i also ordered Wonder Woman: Dead Earth OHC, Wonder Woman: Historia OHC and Batman: One Dark Knight OHC.

Anyone read any of these ? what are your thoughts ?
Old 07-05-2023, 04:35 PM   #518
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Brightest Day Omnibus HC Ordered
Animal Man by Jeff Lemire Omnibus HC Ordered

They are not Omnibuses but i also ordered Wonder Woman: Dead Earth OHC, Wonder Woman: Historia OHC and Batman: One Dark Knight OHC.

Anyone read any of these ? what are your thoughts ?
One Dark Knight is pretty good. The Black Label Batman stuff is the only current stuff I can read.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:42 PM   #519
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Congrats. Mine will probably arrive this week.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:46 PM   #520
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Love mine.

One Dark Knight is pretty good. The Black Label Batman stuff is the only current stuff I can read.
You should definetly try Suicide Squad: Get Joker ! it was a good read. It was kind of a Bat stuff as well. It had Joker, Harley, Jason Todd in it. Also a really tiny cameo from Deadshot and Deathstroke.