Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #81
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Except didn't they just make another Gears??
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #82
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Except didn't they just make another Gears??
The third game finishes off the storyline from the trilogy; from what I understand, the fourth game is a "prequel" of sorts, showing what led up to Emergence Day, and Emergence Day, itself.

But... you shouldn't worry about this; your new copy of Barbie: Hair Salon Hijinks is more than enough game for you, Linds.

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #83
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
The third game finishes off the storyline from the trilogy; from what I understand, the fourth game is a "prequel" of sorts, showing what led up to Emergence Day, and Emergence Day, itself.

But... you shouldn't worry about this; your new copy of Barbie: Hair Salon Hijinks is more than enough game for you, Linds.

I hear that's a tough game to find. Been looking for one myself.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #84
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I hear that's a tough game to find. Been looking for one myself.

If Linds was a neighbor, she would've boxed my ears by now.

Why am I posting this early? Because I got home from work, and have been playin' Tomb Raider since about 9 pm. The game's a drug. lol

As fun as Infinite is, TR sucks me in even more... game's amazing. I totally see myself doing a second playthrough, once I beat it... easily a 20+ hour endeavour per playthrough (I'm guessing 30+).

It's fun... Lara's young in this, and inexperienced/innocent. I see where the complaints of her "toughening up too quickly" are coming from, but realistically... she keeps being more and more horrified by things she discovers on the island. She's still naive in this... lol.

My favorite line so far? "I hate tombs" (she might have said "I f#cking hate tombs"... it's late; I forget lol), while exploring her first one. lol

The game's gorgeous.. the gameplay's fluid and grabs you.. the storyline's great, the vo's excellent.. the combat's awesome... lovin' it.

You really feel for Lara; just as she accomplishes something in the game, something else goes wrong (ad nauseam).. and it eats away at her.

i'll be buyin' TR long before I buy Infinite.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #85
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

tomb raider is definitely one I'm looking forward to...just patiently waiting for a sale to grab it

looks like a game I'd love from all the previews I've watched
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #86
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Probably spent a good 10-15 hours playing (rough guesstimate), and I'm only 30% through the game's content; I'm turning it back into Redbox, though.. as I now know it's one I intend to buy.

... when I buy it, I'll start over again on Normal, then go up one difficulty on the second playthrough. The game's so gripping, doing the same 10 hours again will be a blast, and not a chore.

I've only found one tomb so far.. and it was fantastic. Totally differed from the rest of the game, and the puzzle in it was awesome. Not a Mensa-level (ie frustrating as hell) puzzle, but not one that didn't require a minute or two of thought/experimenting, either.

,,,, the death scenes in this are crazy. I've unintentionally gotten Lara killed in some brutally painful ways. lol
Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #87
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If anybody is interested in Tomb Raider and a steelbook case check out Target. My store clearanced them down to $40. It might deal with the case itself.

Anybody have an opinions on the new Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion? I heard mixed reviews on Castlevania. I played the demo and loved what I played.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #88
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
If anybody is interested in Tomb Raider and a steelbook case check out Target. My store clearanced them down to $40. It might deal with the case itself.

Anybody have an opinions on the new Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion? I heard mixed reviews on Castlevania. I played the demo and loved what I played.
Might have to go check that out.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #89
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I didn't see a steelbook TR at the "local" Target today, but the regular TR's been marked down (for a few days) to $50.

I'd grab it.. but I already have GoW3 enroute, and still have to finish... that other game... too. TR can wait.

Shows how much I love the game, though... I'm jonesin' to play again.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #90
StatueJunky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Untill I get The new Tomb Raider & Bioshock, I'm just going to have to keep playing COD BO2.
StatueJunky is offline   Reply With Quote