Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-31-2022, 10:36 AM   #701
rykerw1701
Justice League

Batman Bolland B&W

New Brian Bolland B&W statue based on The Killing Joke. I hadn't seen this before it went up on preorder. I think this is the first post-DC Collectibles statue release, is it not? Certainly the first B&W. Up a bit in price like everything, but $99 isn't terrible. Not a bad looking small statue at all. I just don't know that I want to go down that rabbit hole again.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:43 AM   #702
Mister H
Gen 13

There was a color version released first but of course not under the B&W series.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:57 PM   #703
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Just POed the Batman Black and White Gotham By Gaslight Batman that McFarlane decided to resurrect.

Can't wait to grab that up.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 03:36 PM   #704
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Just POed the Batman Black and White Gotham By Gaslight Batman that McFarlane decided to resurrect.

He looks fantastic. I?m a little hesitant though. $125 seems steep.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #705
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
He looks fantastic. I?m a little hesitant though. $125 seems steep.
I knew there would be in an increase once it wasn't just DC/DC direct. These are basically 1/10th scale statues so look at Iron Studios pricing.

The only saving grace is the base is plain and the paint job isn't crazy so it's below $150.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:12 AM   #706
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
They were supposed to do a colored Joker line I was interested in.
Looks like that may be moving forward through McFarlane. The Bolland statue that was supposed to kick it off is back up for order and there is a Capullo one that looks like it's in the same line.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:17 AM   #707
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
I knew there would be in an increase once it wasn't just DC/DC direct. These are basically 1/10th scale statues so look at Iron Studios pricing.

The only saving grace is the base is plain and the paint job isn't crazy so it's below $150.
Oh I?m sure I?ll be getting him anyway. How many Mignola statues are floating around? I have the 2nd edition of his Batman B&W and the color 1/6 version both are great.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:06 PM   #708
Roland
Doh!

Quote:

So...

Does that it means that the Batman Black and White Series is back?

I wonder if we'll see in the near future the other statues (Greg Capullo Batmonster and Freddie E. Williams III Batman) announced before the DC Collectibles closure.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:45 AM   #709
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

They seem to be releasing everything DC Direct revealed and canceled, but I don't think they've given any indication whether they'll continue these lines beyond that. I can't imagine they won't at least keep the Batman B&W line going in some form.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #710
Roland
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
They seem to be releasing everything DC Direct revealed and canceled, but I don't think they've given any indication whether they'll continue these lines beyond that. I can't imagine they won't at least keep the Batman B&W line going in some form.
I've done some research and it seems that the Batman Black & White line is back among other lines like the DC Designer Series and Harley Quinn Red, White & Black.

Quote from McFarlane's Website:

McFarlane Toys? huge success story with their DC Multiverse action figures is getting bigger and better as they announce they are further expanding their relationship with DC and Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP). McFarlane Toys have entered into a global licensing agreement with WBCP to unleash a new line of McFarlane Toys designed statues, busts, and figures based on DC?s expansive roster of iconic characters. Fans and collectors can look forward to an array of McFarlane Toys created DC Direct collectibles under legendary artist Todd McFarlane?s creative direction coming in 2022.

McFarlane will also manage current DC Direct inventory.

Under McFarlane Toys, DC Direct will continue to produce high-quality collectibles, including fan-favorite lines DC Designer Series, Batman Black & White, and Harley Quinn Red, White & Black.

In 2020, McFarlane Toys launched its successful DC Multiverse line with ultra-posable action figures and vehicles to bring dozens of iconic DC characters based on the comic books, video games, and feature films to life at mass specialty retailers globally. McFarlane Toys? DC Multiverse line is one of the top-selling action figure lines in the US.

McFarlane Toys will continue to sell and market all the current and upcoming pre-ordered DC offerings.

https://mcfarlane.com/news/mcfarlane...-announcement/
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote