Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #2491
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Yes Lizard's sleeper hit status caught us by surprise as well. We've had a huge list of upcoming characters to run through... but sadly no Shocker or Morbius (but someone similar to Morbius). I think Shocker may have too little fan base for us to commercially pull it off?
I completely understand there might not be enough support for Shocker right now. I'm hoping that Shocker being in the new Spider-man Homecoming movie might raise his status enough to get him on a maybe list at some point though.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #2492
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Once we get clearance for sharing the latest Ock, we will be sure to reveal it and that's the best time to chip in with your inputs. We are also aware this particular piece took us very long to finish so for customers who POed and are not happy with the final version, we will honor all refunds.
Thanks Bryan!

I would like to point out that collectors in most cases are willing to wait if XM needs more time to work on collectors' feedbacks, and I hope this would be the case in here, and not release Doc Oc just because he is taking too long in development.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:34 PM   #2493
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hi Bryan, on the Mary Jane and Spiderman statue, can we have Spidey's belt moved up higher on his waist? As of right now, it looks like his pants is sagging. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #2494
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Hi , when does electro ship?
Old 05-29-2017, 12:48 AM   #2495
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
I raised it a few months ago in the Electro thread. Guess no one from XM saw it. Wanted to avoid the custom portrait route. These things are expensive enough as it is.....
Generally large changes such as extra heads are only made if the majority of people are asking for it. Those require more money, time from the artists, more rounds of approval etc. Things that are simple paint changes like the change from regular eyes to white eyes for Beta Ray Bill are easy to do and usually happen as soon as they are pointed out. It would be very costly at this point to add another head for Electro, and the two heads it has were very well received. They would probably have to raise the price as well because the base is already one of the larger and more complicated bases they have produced. I'm just trying to give you an idea of the factors involved. They can never please everyone, but they try to please the majority.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:04 AM   #2496
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Hello Bryan,

Here is my feedback regarding Doc Oc. As a big Spidey fan, and after spending sometime looking over this reveal here are my thoughts: (Please keep in mind that I have this Doc Oc on PO since the older design)

Pros:
1- I really love the pose and the overall environment, and how he is using the tentacles to climb the building
2- I really like Doc Oc's body type, proportions, and love his tentacles

Areas for Improvement:
1- The long Jacket/coat. I think this can be turned to a positive if there is another extra body without the jacket just like the original design was.
XM may thinks it's not the way they envision him, but this would be a nice touch (especially after all the wait) to have an additional alternative for collectors like myself that want the Doc with the full suit being visible.

2- Suit design. I understand XM needs to modernize some of the older designs, but I was told multiple times by XM that the suit will be classic. I think the patterns look too busy at the moment.

I would say fans would love an extra body without the jacket, and without all these designs on the suit to make it more classic, and it would go really well with the other classic Sinister Six members.

I know that XM listens to critics and they always try and improve no matter how long the statue is taking, and that's what I'm hoping you guys would do for the Doc since he deserves much better than what we currently have.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #2497
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Briannwas wondering if you got any feedback from the team on some of Namor requests made earlier. I was hoping they could do some of it
Old 05-30-2017, 08:49 PM   #2498
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Generally large changes such as extra heads are only made if the majority of people are asking for it. Those require more money, time from the artists, more rounds of approval etc. Things that are simple paint changes like the change from regular eyes to white eyes for Beta Ray Bill are easy to do and usually happen as soon as they are pointed out. It would be very costly at this point to add another head for Electro, and the two heads it has were very well received. They would probably have to raise the price as well because the base is already one of the larger and more complicated bases they have produced. I'm just trying to give you an idea of the factors involved. They can never please everyone, but they try to please the majority.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I disagree...

An extra portrait is not a big deal at all. Doesn't affect any other part of the statue. I'm sure many who have this on PO would have happily paid a little extra to cover the cost. Most of the work was already done by the sculptor. It would just be a combination of the two existing portraits. I doubt XM would have any issues getting it approved. The only problem I can see is if the polystyrene design has been finalised then there would be nowhere to put it.

Having said that, the two heads it comes with are great. I'm just a completist.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:58 PM   #2499
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
So is Quicksilver part of the Avengers line or xmen sentinel line we were having a small debate in one of the threads ? Is xm through with the 1/4 x men sentinel line up?
Old 05-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #2500
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I know that Vader trio is getting reworked. Will he have any switch outs? If he has an arm/arms holding a lightsaber I'll be all in.
If we get ESB Vader options I'll cry.

Closed Thread