Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 05-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

No longer DC Direct/Collectibles specific?

So this whole sub-forum is now a general DC subforum? Meaning, we're gonna see a flood of threads for cheap crappy vinyls that are geared towards kids?

GREAT.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Not to my knowledge, but unfortunately I can't clean it up either. I'll contact a MOD to see if it can be cleaned out of things that don't belong/are not DC Collectibles related.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
So this whole sub-forum is now a general DC subforum? Meaning, we're gonna see a flood of threads for cheap crappy vinyls that are geared towards kids?

GREAT.
The person who was doing this was told to cut it out on multiple occasions in this sub so hopefully it stays that way.
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Not to my knowledge, but unfortunately I can't clean it up either. I'll contact a MOD to see if it can be cleaned out of things that don't belong/are not DC Collectibles related.
thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
The person who was doing this was told to cut it out on multiple occasions in this sub so hopefully it stays that way.
Good to see i'm not the only one annoyed by those threads.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It would make sense to call this section DC Collectibles rather that DC Direct, considering it hasn't been DC Direct for a number of years now.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

To make it clear, because it is called, DC or DC Collectibles, it does not mean you can create threads here about the new "DC" coffee mugs or "DC" birthday cards at your local Wal-Mart.

If you want to create a thread about a DC toy, make it in the toy section. DC comic... in the comic section. Keep this section for high end collectibles.

We will start deleting threads that don't belong here and not bother letting anyone know since it has been posted several times over.

At the same time, don't go reporting something because in your opinion it's should not be considered a collectible. Remember, if someone creates threads that you don't like, you can set them on ignore and not see them.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
You wouldn't know this, but several weeks ago, I requested that some threads be moved. However, since those threads have remained, I continue to post in them instead of creating duplicate threads.

Please bear in mind that I'm not only (relatively) new to the forum but also new to the hobby. I've had to learn a lot quickly. As Josh-a-tron and d rod have both noted, the report button exists for a reason. Hissy fits (especially by someone who loves to post in threads created by me) aren't helpful.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You wouldn't know this, but several weeks ago, I requested that some threads be moved. However, since those threads have remained, I continue to post in them instead of creating duplicate threads.

Please bear in mind that I'm not only (relatively) new to the forum but also new to the hobby. I've had to learn a lot quickly. As Josh-a-tron and d rod have both noted, the report button exists for a reason. Hissy fits (especially by someone who loves to post in threads created by me) aren't helpful.
Most likely the reasons the threads you asked to be moved weren't were mostly because mods didn't feel it necessary.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Most likely the reasons the threads you asked to be moved weren't were mostly because mods didn't feel it necessary.
Thank you!

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #10
Madcougar92
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post

GREAT.
Is the fear that people who post here are too stupid to realize that something posted ISN'T from DC Direct? Or are some member so sensitive they can't lay eyes on non-DC Direct stuff?
Madcougar92 is offline   Reply With Quote