Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #101
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I hope JND changes their mind and offer the bust for order. Probably pass on the figure due to cost. Bust is more manageable cost and space wise. 🙏
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #102
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

The suit and body look amazing. I don't see any stylization, just muscles that are a bit more defined. The portrait's expression could be better, but overall looks good.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #103
Irenicus
The Spirit

Yeah, selling the bust separately would be a huge success.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:49 PM   #104
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Overall, I'm pleased. It is not 100% Cavill but to me, it is close enough and the best likeness out there (although Queen's new 1/3 prototype looked pretty good too - I just don't want the black suit). Also, I think the harsher lighting is making the colors look a little off on the suit but that is just a guess. Can't wait to see more in the video from JND tonight.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 06:29 PM   #105
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Never ordered one of these before.

I live in the US (PA). Would it be a smarter move to order directly from JND or another party that distributes these in the US?
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:42 PM   #106
Irenicus
The Spirit

Buying directly from JND is much better. Faster shipping and better customer support.

Specfiction is the best second option.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:46 PM   #107
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Never ordered one of these before.

I live in the US (PA). Would it be a smarter move to order directly from JND or another party that distributes these in the US?
I order mine from US based retailers, but you will get the statue a bit quicker ordering direct. Costs a bit more, so just depends on if it is worth it to you. They do tend to sell out super fast from JND though, Seems JND allocates most of their stock to retailers.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:56 PM   #108
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
I hope JND changes their mind and offer the bust for order. Probably pass on the figure due to cost. Bust is more manageable cost and space wise. ��
Good News for you. SpecFiction appears to be offering the bust alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I order mine from US based retailers, but you will get the statue a bit quicker ordering direct. Costs a bit more, so just depends on if it is worth it to you. They do tend to sell out super fast from JND though, Seems JND allocates most of their stock to retailers.
Thanks. I heard about items selling out fast on JDN directly. Wasn't sure if it was because their deals were better or limited stock. I have 5 other pre-orders. I don't mind waiting longer if it saves money.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:47 PM   #109
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Good News for you. SpecFiction appears to be offering the bust alone

Thanks. I heard about items selling out fast on JDN directly. Wasn't sure if it was because their deals were better or limited stock. I have 5 other pre-orders. I don't mind waiting longer if it saves money.
retailers mark it up more though, so I'm not sure how it's cheaper going through them. I'm very curious to see how much it will cost for both heads. The prices on these are getting really ridiculous, so I do expect another unwarranted price hike from them.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:54 PM   #110
skizzoid
Doh!

Based on the video JND posted about the preorder process, it looks like the statue earns 130 points, which means the price would come out to be $2600. They blurred out the price but not the points.

Assuming that's a real page and not just dummy data, that definitely seems to be on the high end for Superman without the bust (Platinum WW was $3200), but the bust also had a $0 price tag when it was added, so I'm not sure what's happening with the price on this anymore... Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm not planning to get this, but the bust on its own would be tempting. Also, it's nice that JND is finally doing a character in a non-standing pose (and Superman is a good one to start with).
skizzoid is offline   Reply With Quote