Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Barnes and Noble B2G1 Image Comics Sale

Barnes and Noble is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale for Image Comics graphic novels. I wound up getting The Walking Dead Compendiums Vol.1, Vol.2, & Vol.3 for just $73.40 w/ free shipping. Thats basically $24 apiece, which is easily the best price I have ever seen on the Walking Dead compendiums.

I also picked up Saga Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3 for $25.10 or basically $8.33 apiece.

Of course, there are lots of other great deals as well. All in all, this is a pretty decent sale. No coupon code required. The discount is taken off automatically during checkout. Just place all 3 items in your cart and proceed to check out.

Image Comics B2G1 Sale
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/imag...-free/_/N-1gmj
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
Babytoxie
Ghost

Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

damn I gotta get on this, is it still happening? I have Compendium 1, but I need 2 and 3 still.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yep, the sale is still going on. I used the link posted by OC and it goes straight to the page. NOTE: The sale is good until May 2nd!

I got TWD Compendium very early and them jumped to buying TPBs. So now I'm all caught up, but this is a great deal for other comics I've been wanting to pick up by Image.

Thanks for the heads up, OC!

EDIT: Ok, for my free (and leading to another addiction) book, should I start Saga or Invincible?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:32 AM   #5
davishi
Frackin!

Just FYI the code BNSPRING15 will stack for 15% off your order as well. Not sure when the code expires. If anyone wants some suggestions I highly recommend:

Low (Remender/Toccini) -- in the far future the sun's radiation has forced people to the depths of the ocean, where the human race essentially waits to become extinct. It's a story about hope. Beautiful painted artwork.

Black Science (Remender/Scalera) -- a team of scientists discover a way to jump to other dimensions, but become lost. Really good sci-fi adventure.

Wytches (Snyder/Jock) -- Scott Snyder's (you may know him from his five year stint on Batman) acclaimed horror series. It's creepy.

Chew (Layman/Guillroy) -- In a future where chicken is outlawed and the FDA is now the premier policing agency, follow the adventures of Tony Chu who has the power to see a visual history of anything he eats, except beets. It's hilarious, silly, touching, and sad at times, a great read. Series is ending pretty soon.

I think Image is pushing out some of the best comics right now, I've seen my Marvel titles decrease steadily while I'm finding more and more Image to read. There's really something for everyone.
davishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #6
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yep, the sale is still going on. I used the link posted by OC and it goes straight to the page. NOTE: The sale is good until May 2nd!

I got TWD Compendium very early and them jumped to buying TPBs. So now I'm all caught up, but this is a great deal for other comics I've been wanting to pick up by Image.

Thanks for the heads up, OC!

EDIT: Ok, for my free (and leading to another addiction) book, should I start Saga or Invincible?
NP! Glad there were some members who were able to take advatage of the deal. I know I sure did, lol. I would up placing a couple more orders as well.

Just have to add, I just stopped by my local Barnes and Noble earlier this afternoon as I still have like $125 in gift cards that I recieved from the holidays and I wanted to pick up some of this months magazines. Anyways, there was a guy out in front trying to sell a B&N gift card for cash. I heard him say it was a $200 gift card as I was entering the store, but I didn't really have an interest so I just walked right by him and into the store. I got my magazine and then spent about 20 minutes browsing around the store. When I went to pay for my magazine, I noticed the guy was still out front. So before I walked out I took all of my money out of my wallet, except for $60, and put it in my front pocket.

Anyways, when I walked out, I played dumb and asked him how much the gift card was worth. He said $200 and that he was asking for $125 in cash. I told him I was interested in buying it, but unfortunately I only had $60 on me and that I didn't have time to go and get more money. I even pulled out my wallet and showed him it was all I had. He turned me down. I said ok, wished him luck selling it and started walking to my car. Just as I was about to pull out and drive away, he flagged me down and told me that he really needed the money so he would take the $60. We went inside, had the amount verified and I paid him $60. So I basically got a $200 GC for $60! Gotta love that. I only wish I ran into people like that more often.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote