Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #51
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Johnny Storm is currently in the Inhumans book and Ben Grimm is in Guardians of the Galaxy so I don't know why you say they weren't brought back.

Reed, Franklin and the Molecule Man are in the process of remaking the multiverse so not every universe has been restored.

The Molecule Man using the power of all the Beyonders remade the 616 universe according to Reed's vision (which was to make it all how it used to be) instead of Doom's Battleworld.

I think the Black Panther used the Time Gem to restore Wakanda back to its former glory before the incursions began as the Molecule Man remade the 616 universe.
But how do we explain bring the dead back to life? Cyclops, The Thing, Thanos and Dr. Strange (among others) we murdered or otherwise killed. Not even the Molecule Man can restore life to the dead.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #52
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I thoroughly enjoyed the series and art but for one of those "it was all a dream" type endings kind of makes it a bit of a prick job.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #53
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
But how do we explain bring the dead back to life? Cyclops, The Thing, Thanos and Dr. Strange (among others) we murdered or otherwise killed. Not even the Molecule Man can restore life to the dead.
The Beyonder brought the dead back to life in Secret Wars II many times. The Molecule Man now has the power of multiple Beyonders. So why wouldn't he be able to bring those people back to life?
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #54
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
The Beyonder brought the dead back to life in Secret Wars II many times. The Molecule Man now has the power of multiple Beyonders. So why wouldn't he be able to bring those people back to life?
I never read Secret Wars II, due to my take on Secret Wars (the first one) being more of a marketing ploy to sell toys than a story worth reading when it first came out, so I'll take your word for it. That sounds ridiculous even for The Beyonder but, if so, then, sure, I'd buy that explanation even if I don't like it as a story element.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #55
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Specifically, the Beyonder killed the New Mutants in issue #37 and then brought them back to life as his pawns in Secret Wars II #9.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #56
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

When Secret Wars first came out in comic book form I was shaking my head through most all of it, especially the last few issues. It was such poor storytelling without clear explanations of anything, especially how Doom acquired the power of The Beyonder. It just felt like an event without a plot or story to me. The only Secret Wars II stuff I read was what filtered into the comics I already was reading at the time, like Thor and Daredevil. I made no attempt to follow it based on the bad taste in my mouth from the first series.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #57
Luminous
Cyclops

Finally got a chance to read Secret Wars. Absolutely loved it. Not sure if you have to be a Hickman fan or what, but I had no problem following the story. All things considered, this event was well handled. Marvel got the reboot they wanted but it still felt like something was accomplished. There are characters who won't forget the previous universe, and it's through them that the fans can remember it's existence and don't have to feel like it was all for naught.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #58
Y3E
Gen 13

I wished they brought back the "real" Jean Grey.

Or maybe they did
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #59
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I'm really liking Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #60
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post