Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-04-2016, 10:53 PM   #1
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Absolute Batman: Year One

Bit Bummed by this this release. Was hoping that DC would release Years 1, 2, Full Circle together, maybe push it & include Year 3, but instead they are just releasing two different editions of Year 1. Think I will pass on it

Quote:
ABSOLUTE BATMAN: YEAR ONE presents one of DC Comics’ most lauded tales in two hardcover volumes contained by a slipcase.
The first volume will reprint the recolored version of the story from previous collected editions, remastered with new, high-resolution scans of the original coloring by David Mazzucchelli and Richmond Lewis.
The second volume will reprint the original 1987 version of the story as it ran in BATMAN #404-407, reproduced from scans made by Mazzucchelli and Lewis from the printed comic book pages, presented on stock that simulates the look and feel of the original comics. This volume will include Miller’s complete scripts and Mazzucchelli’s complete pencil layouts for all four chapters!
Together, the two volumes will include more than 60 pages of bonus material, including everything seen in the existing hardcover and trade paperback collections.
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:53 AM   #2
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Looks to be a great volume!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
BurningRage
Inhumans

I need to get like 30 absolutes.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #4
ftrez
Nightwing

Year 1 & Year 2 are very different in tone so I'm good with them being separated.

Was O'Neal editing the title during Year 2? Can't remember. Whoever it was, having Alfredo Alcala ink Todd McFarlane has to be one of the worst artistic decisions ever. Alcala has his place but its nowhere near Todd's pencils, IMO.
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I used to be excited about Absolute Editions but the quality of the pages(very often are creased or dented) and Slipcases turn me off.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I need to get like 30 absolutes.
I have a 10 Absolute Editions.

The only Absolutes at the moment I am thinking about starting on is Y The Last Man, Transmopolitan and Preacher. Even though I have Preacher as HC it is one of my favorite comics, so to have it in oversize coud be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLOWN KNIGHT View Post
I used to be excited about Absolute Editions but the quality of the pages(very often are creased or dented) and Slipcases turn me off.
I have never had any issues with any of the pages in my Absolutes.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Or maybe I'm kinda picky.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:18 PM   #8
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I have a 10 Absolute Editions.

The only Absolutes at the moment I am thinking about starting on is Y The Last Man, Transmopolitan and Preacher. Even though I have Preacher as HC it is one of my favorite comics, so to have it in oversize coud be cool.

I bought the first two volumes of absolute Transmetropolitan today. I have the whole series of Y The Last Man and Preacher in HC. Gonna get the absolutes of those. I saw the first volume of absolute Y The Last Man at a comic shop and it's thick.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #9
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I bought the first two volumes of absolute Transmetropolitan today. I have the whole series of Y The Last Man and Preacher in HC. Gonna get the absolutes of those. I saw the first volume of absolute Y The Last Man at a comic shop and it's thick.
I Always wanted the HC of Y the last man, never bought them but I think the absolute is the edition I cant skip.
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #10
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Y The Last Man Absolute collects #1-20
2 more Absolutes and the series is complete. It's not thicker than so many other big ones, the Waælking Dead collects 24 issues in each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
I Always wanted the HC of Y the last man, never bought them but I think the absolute is the edition I cant skip.
I never bought the HCs either, I like the Absolutes alot, so Absolute it is.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote