Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-22-2016, 03:20 AM   #11
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't trust any reviews that come from sites that were prevented from posting reviews before a certain date. Those are always the sponsored or basically advertisement paid reviews. So pretty much all the major comic sites that are now releasing reviews since the details of the issue have leaked. It's not surprising to me that those reviews are all high as well.

DC could have used any character, they could have come up with a new character. I'm surprised that they even used the name "rebirth" for this. When they could have called it what it is. More a DC Combination.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #12
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Wow. That seems complex. Not sure how I feel about the Watchmen being in the DCU proper. Creative, but not sure how I feel about it.

Here come the Batman/Rorshach team ups!! *groannnnn*
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:19 PM   #13
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

So I read Before Watchmen Dr Manhattan #4, my interpretation was...

Spoiler
John flees the planet to create another planet or race and concludes the story with hopes of being amazing... together
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #14
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Whoo boy. The issue in of itself is fun but the Watchmen use gets a little too meta

Spoiler
It's implied and all but said that Dr. Manhattan has been subtly altering DC's reality as far back at COIE at times that the universe is weaker. With Flashpoint being his biggest alteration. And he's the reason the DCU has gotten darker overall since COIE.

He also murders Pandora in a scene straight out of Rorschach's death. (Booooo)

So yes...DC is blaming the DCU being dark...on Watchmen...characters DC made Alan Moore make....and are legally holding hostage from him.

Oy.

DC seems to be completely missing the point that Dr. Manhattan and the other Watchmen characters are not VILLAINS.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #15
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

R.I.P. DC, thanks for the memories.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #16
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

i must be the only one who liked this. I have bad mouthed DC since Flashpoint. I hated the New 52 and thought it was a joke , which it was. I enjoyed this issue. I will admit I am a huge Wally west fan and enjoyed his series for years. I was so disappointed with what they did to him and now at least Geoff Johns has brought him back. This enough would make me love it but with the killing off of the fake Superman and bringing back the REAL Superman and other beats the book was really solid. If only Geoff Johns could write everything but alas he can not. I'm sure the books will still be average but at least with this book I feel a sense of hope for the future of the DC Universe which I haven't felt in 5+years.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #17
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I have no stake in the game since I don't buy any DC books right now but I am not liking the Watchmen in the DC universe thing. It was a stand alone epic story, leave it as that.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #18
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I also liked this book and feel like it promises some nice returns to the DC of the past. Dr. Manhattan is being labeled an antagonist but not a villain, according to Johns. I am not really sure what exactly is going to happen, but this book has me interested in seeing more. While I did follow the New 52 to some degree, and even enjoyed some of it, it never truly felt like the old DC. In a way I get the sense that what they are trying to achieve is sort of like what Waid did with Daredevil, he didn't throw anything out but pointed Matt in a more positive, less tragic direction. I think by making the Watchmen tie-in as the antagonists they are sort of trying to take DC back to the days before Watchmen, COIE, TDKR which is when DC started to take a darker turn in storytelling. I think they will try to put more emphasis on the "hero" part of superhero, and get away from conflicted and brooding characters.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #19
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotwilight View Post
Whoo boy. The issue in of itself is fun but the Watchmen use gets a little too meta

Spoiler

Regarding your spoiler, didn't Infinite Crisis already establish that Superboy Prime was responsible for this?
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #20
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Let me know when the shorts are back on Bats and Supes.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote