Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #231
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I love the X-Men and like Fantastic Four I knew to stay away from paying for this movie. How come you guys didn't? Is it the fear of missing out?
While not in my top 10 comic book movies, I can't say that I didn't enjoy it. Yes, it has big flaws, but still not a bad way to spend a few hours. And the popcorn was a fine vintage that night.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #232
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I'm much more excited that there's talks of an X-men animated series reboot/continuation in the same style as first 4 seasons. I guess I'm getting a little comic live action fatigue and it doesn't help when these companies know they can put out mediocre movies and break sales records regardless(apparently not this one though lol).
with the original voice actors and original show runners too if this happens (and they pull it off right) it will be a dream come true for me, X-men TAS still my favorite cartoon ever

but ya, I've seen all the other X-men movies so I think I'll take my parents to this next week for Father's day, it cant be as bad as X3 or that wretched Wolverine movie with "gambit" and "deadpool"
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:41 PM   #233
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I really don't understand why people are bashing this movie so much. Just got back with my brother, (he hasn't seen any other these movies) and we both enjoyed the movie. What gives?
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:43 PM   #234
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
I enjoyed this movie. Not great but solid by all means. MCU fanboys/critics sabotaged this film. X-Men fan all my life, if anyone one here also claims this and bashes this movie....shame on u. 7.5/10
It's funny to read this cause I literally just told my brother I'd give this a 7.5 out of 10. Fun movie. Great? No. Good/fun? Yes.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:21 PM   #235
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I really don't understand why people are bashing this movie so much. Just got back with my brother, (he hasn't seen any other these movies) and we both enjoyed the movie. What gives?
I think a lot of people will use the MCU as a measuring stick when it comes to comic base movies, they want good action, some humor and some seriousness without becoming to cheesy... Marvel has been pretty good at balancing all those things and making entertaining movies...

Fox has been hit and miss with their X-Men franchise... it started out decent enough with X-men X2 but then it was all over the place, some movies were good like First Class, Deadpool & Logan but others sucked really bad like Wolverine, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

Of course personal tastes in movies will vary but when a movie bombs really hard at the theater money wise it's a pretty good clear indication the fans didn't like it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #236
MKS
Nightwing

Watched last night and I enjoyed it. Certainly not great and don’t know why they didn’t stick with a Shiar related storyline, but worth a watch for sure.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #237
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Watched it today and I enjoyed it despite the inevitable SJW moment it seems that we will have in all popcorn movie...
The score was excellent and the directing not bad at all despite the plot being a little weak.

Saying that I must say that I prefer that movie over Endgame...by far.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #238
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Watched it today and I enjoyed it despite the inevitable SJW moment it seems that we will have in all popcorn movie...
The score was excellent and the directing not bad at all despite the plot being a little weak.

Saying that I must say that I prefer that movie over Endgame...by far.
Turner kept losing her American accent through several scenes. And even when she was able to keep it, it sounded fake... The story was cheesy and Lawrence is a horrible Mystique.... She portrayed her like she was Katniss in the Hunger Games.... I didn't get the whole "You should call us X-Women because we keep saving all the guys asses".. If I remember right, was it not two guys who saved all those astronauts?, Jean only helped when they had to hold the ship together to grab the last guy. Mystique just sat on her ass the whole time in the other ship and did nothing...

Given, this one was not as bad as the last X-Men Movie (Apocalypse) but it wasn't much better either..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #239
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Saw this on the plane over to England. What a steaming pile of crap. Zero respect for the original storyline, not a good movie in its own right, just a train wreck. This is the "Batman and Robin" of the X-Men franchise. With a finale like this from Fox, it will be decades before anyone cares about the X-Men again. MCU got this franchise back just in time to see it be worthless. I didn't even pay to see it and I want my money back.

2/10, if that.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #240
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Saw this on the plane over to England. What a steaming pile of crap. Zero respect for the original storyline, not a good movie in its own right, just a train wreck.
I saw it a few days ago and couldn't agree more.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote