DR FATE
GLADIATOR
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:51 AM   #92
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
My guess is they wanted to emphasize that he’s from a very cartoony type of reality and his comic look wouldn’t have differentiated him enough from the other characters to make that point obvious. My take on him in the comics is that he may look like a cartoon to characters in “real life” realities as opposed to how Howard the Duck looks. I know this isn’t necessarily true but it’s fun to see it that way. Plus Porky is familiar to most. Familiar look, sticks in people’s heads easier, more likeable to the masses, appeals to kids better...marketing.

I’d definitely buy Spider-Ham and Spider-Man Noir. Years ago they said they were doing Noir but it never happened.
I have the Spider-ham GG mini bust which is awesome. but he is missing his legs and it makes me sad

While I don't agree with it, I assumed the porky pig design was for a quicker recognition and marketing. However your exaggeration idea works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Also it goes outside the purpose of this thread but I have a handful of 1/4 Spideys, I’d like to expand my collection into different versions of Peter Spider-Man (although my Miles is getting displayed with all my Peters). Spider-Knight, Last Stand Spidey, Superior, PS4, Stealth, I’d buy them all in 1/4.
Spider-Armor

Doppelganger

KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:53 AM   #93
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Spider-Armor

I’d definitely get Spider-Armor if I liked the sculpt. That would be truly awesome!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:39 AM   #94
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm amazed at the number of people who keep listing DC characters in a Marvel thread. #ComicsCharactersAreHard

I had no idea that Spider-Armor was ever even a thing.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #95
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm amazed at the number of people who keep listing DC characters in a Marvel thread. #ComicsCharactersAreHard

LOL, people can't or don't read. But, then on the flip side the letters D and C are actually in the thread title
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #96
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Well, at this point I'll take a Marvel big Barda.

That armor is burned into my head because I read Web of Spider-Man #100 so many time and would just stare at the cover at times (the age before smart phones...)

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #97
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Well, at this point I'll take a Marvel big Barda.

That armor is burned into my head because I read Web of Spider-Man #100 so many time and would just stare at the cover at times (the age before smart phones...)

Didn't Tweeterhead confirm they were making a Big Barda? I swear I heard that in one of the videos.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #98
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If I recall, Big Barda was one of the blacked-out circles on the list of "already coming characters" when we took the vote that is getting Hawkwoman made.

EDIT: I take that back. Went to the TH poll and she was neither a character we could vote for, or a character I could see on the blacked out list. But I do know there was talk about her in the thread. Chad is taking that line seriously, so I expect to see her eventually.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #99
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Didn't Tweeterhead confirm they were making a Big Barda? I swear I heard that in one of the videos.
Yes, and Mister Miracle. The Super Power Line will take care of most C and D tier DC characters. I'd still like some of them in 1/4 or 1/3 to be greedy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #100
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yes, and Mister Miracle. The Super Power Line will take care of most C and D tier DC characters. I'd still like some of them in 1/4 or 1/3 to be greedy.
Speaking of mister miracle, Tom Kings mister miracle is trash, Kings batman is trash too, just wanted to get that off my chest.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote