qz33
Rescue

Night Stalker is a cool idea.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #62
pdenham
Teen Titans

No one ever posted this it seems.

I got this sent to me about a month or so back. I can't remember which one is the finalized head/portrait TBH. All I remember is that I was disappointed when I saw which one it was.
Since I'd probably chose the one on the left , the final must be the one on the right.
Since you can't cancel a KS so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

The pics sent out today are to small to get a definitive idea about either way. My impression is, this is about as close to Campbell's art as I think anyone would want to get. He, along with Turner and their acolytes, made a career of impossibly proportioned female figures (fresh off the VS catwalk!). Anyone who remembers the Emma Frost Sideshow PF knows how horribly wrong you can go trying to faithfully interpret art whose proportions work better in 2D.
I haven't been paying attention to the fairytale pieces or the reactions to them.
They look Ok to me from what I've seen , and Sheena appears to be about the same overall.

In hand I might feel differently.
If I could cancel I would- but not because I hate how it appears to have been realized.
It's just that I could have used that money (which seemed reasonably lowball at the time) towards something more necessary. The savings from not picking it up later at EE or somewhere else turned out not to be all that big anyway.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #63
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I wish we got better images to make our selections. I also didn't get the survey to request which one I would like.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #64
Graven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

In hand I might feel differently.
If I could cancel I would- but not because I hate how it appears to have been realized.
It's just that I could have used that money (which seemed reasonably lowball at the time) towards something more necessary. The savings from not picking it up later at EE or somewhere else turned out not to be all that big anyway.
... just my thoughts! And i would have choosen the left head too... don't like the improvements of her iris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Not sure it matches what was promised, doesn't have the Campbell look to me, feels bit more generic.
Yeah not happy about the colors but it is what it is... Kickstarter paid, done, next...

So i realized that it must be Mr Campbell himself that had chosen the wrong colors for his art..

so i tried to fix his art with coloring shown... wrong Campbell colors attached first for reference

Sorry about my sarcasm. Maybe its just way to much illuminated and if i place her in a dark corner of my shelf the colors will be better
Graven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #65
dechirico7
The Flash

I agree, they killed this one. I don't see the Campbell-look in her face at all anymore.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #66
pdenham
Teen Titans

Just got my final notice to make my choice before they send it out.

I'd previously rolled my eyes at the variant choices, figuring they all seemed goofy, and I really just signed up for the reg anyway.

Now I find the arctic one growing on me because I'm approaching it from a decor standpoint. The concept still makes no sense to me, but the white accents might pop in the room, and against other furnishings, a little bit more.

I'm gonna have to think this one over a few days at least.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #67
NamesJay
The Spirit

Wow, I'm glad I didn't participate with this one. Faces don't look anything like the Kickstarter pictures.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #68
Augen
The Hulk

"The statues are done and, after a slight delay with the inspection of the shipment, Sheena is officially in the hands of the carrier and scheduled to set sail on June 22. The carrier tells us that the shipment should arrive to us on or near July 19.

To clarify on the previous update from May 16, we stated that the statues were about to ship and, after 6 weeks of travel, would be ready to fulfill around June 1st. That date was a typo that should have said JULY 1st (6 weeks from then)."

Looks like she may be shipping to backers this month. I'll be curious to see her in person.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #69
built2shred
Phoenix

Meh, I'm not too crazy about this statue... First she arrived with broken hair, and when I opened the box I almost passed out from how strong the paint fumes were. There is a fairly big seam gap on her right arm, it looks like when they glued it in they didn't push it in far enough so there's s sizable gap. I think they may have had some mold issues also as the production sculpt doesn't look as clean as the prototype, I'm only guessing though... This is one of those statues that looks ok in pictures but in hand it looks pretty bad IMO. The statue also seems a bit undersized for 1:6 scale...

I'm sending mine back to Sideshow for a refund...

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 PM   #70
Augen
The Hulk

I backed on Kickstarter, and no updates on shipping from them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote