Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-25-2021, 03:34 AM   #221
leplant
Deadman

The dimensions are just magnificent. I love that Sideshow is willing to take risks, and produce some of the Star Wars beasties in 1/6 scale. Now get to work on a Bantha and a Wampa.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:02 AM   #222
karauak
Fantastic Four

This is the most beautiful thing that has been released in a long time. The sanctity of every fan and collector. People who haven't bought should stay silent and stop discouraging happy owners. Anyone who takes him out of the box and sees him with his own eyes will understand how lucky he is
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:23 AM   #223
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Here are some WIP pics of the Regal Robot Rancor as a comparison.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #224
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
This is the most beautiful thing that has been released in a long time. The sanctity of every fan and collector. People who haven't bought should stay silent and stop discouraging happy owners. Anyone who takes him out of the box and sees him with his own eyes will understand how lucky he is
Someone doesn’t understand what a ‘forum’ is.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #225
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Here are some WIP pics of the Regal Robot Rancor as a comparison.
I think the Regal Robot piece looks fantastic. Sideshows is an artistic representation, while the RR I believe is 3D printed from a laser scan of the original prop. So if your going for screen accuracy, it's the obvious choice. But, it's almost three times the price, and significantly smaller. If I could swing it, I'd be all over it, and their tauntaun head. Seriously cool stuff! Since it's not in the budget, I'll stick with Sideshow on this one.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:58 AM   #226
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Yes they had access to the original prop. In this video Tom explains everything about their Rancor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnhxUbSssA
You are right that the pricetag is much higher, but I had to get it because of the included signature and only 83 pieces made. I hope their Dewback maquette will be presented soon.
If this Rancor did not exist I would have gotten the one from SSC.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #227
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Yes they had access to the original prop. In this video Tom explains everything about their Rancor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnhxUbSssA
You are right that the pricetag is much higher, but I had to get it because of the included signature and only 83 pieces made. I hope their Dewback maquette will be presented soon.
Chris
I had no idea the ES was that small, nice!
Old 02-25-2021, 12:06 PM   #228
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
Wow....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:48 PM   #229
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Chris
i think your collection warrants a rancor of that caliber, beautiful piece
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:51 PM   #230
Vader
Ghost

i'm sure the sideshow one will look way more impressive that the regal robot one in person. almost twice the size. and size matters.

and 1/2 the price.

To me, it looks more like the living creature, whereas the regal robot looks like the sculpted prop. While the prop looks more accurate, it is much less impressive. it doesn't look alive like the sideshow one does. looks like a puppet unsurprisingly as it is based on a puppet.

they used more than a puppet to make the movie. so the overall effect is not quite as impressive as the sideshow.

depends on what you're looking for.

i think illusive concepts did a rubber version of the puppet years ago. much worse quality.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote