Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #26891
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If The Winter Soldier wasn't a "comic movie" within the powerhouse MCU, I truly think it would have been nominated for more awards. The lack of Golden Globes was especially shocking given they are still well known, but also give more thinking to mainstream films.

This is STILL my favorite of all the MCU films. Love it start to finish and it made Cap, a comic I never read, my favorite character of the franchise. Chris Evans makes it easy to like him
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #26892
Asgard
Deadman

Just Mercy 9/10
It tells the true story of Walter McMillian, who, with the help of young defense attorney Bryan Stevenson, appeals his murder conviction.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:58 PM   #26893
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Had a Dario Argento triple feature...

Suspiria (1977)- the absolute best movie to watch really late at night, with all the lights off and the volume way up, this movie gets better each time I watch it. Unsettling, atmospheric, and an ever present sense of dread, but beautiful at the same time, Argento's best hands down - 10/10

Tenebrae - most Argento fans prefer Deep Red over this movie, but to me this is his best movie after Suspiria. I really got into the story and the twist was one of a kind. One of his most polished and well rounded movies overall. Also John Saxon in quite a sizeable role which was awesome to see - 9/10

Deep Red - I'd put this one on par or just under 'Bird with the Crystal Plumage' but I felt the kills were more effective in Tenebrae. This movie has some of the best cinematography and shot composition of any Argento movie - 8.5/10

im going to try and watch Argentos 'Opera' and 'Phenomena' tonight...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #26894
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Lake Artifact 7/10

Not a bad time slip, multiple universe, coupled with occult type movie.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #26895
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Phenomena (1985) - starring a young Jennifer Connelly in her second ever movie role (and it must have made an impression on somebody as she went on to do Labyrinth with David Bowie right after) she plays the daughter of a famous actor who gets caught in a murder mystery at her new boarding school, but to make things interesting she also has split personality and a psychic link with insects of all kinds. She teams up with Donald Pleasence...and a very smart chimpanzee...to unravel the mystery of the ongoing murders. There was some controversy with the subject matter in this movie, as it shows a lot of violence towards young teens, the casting director mentioned someone even threw the script at her face after reading it for a role lol needless to say they weren't in the movie. Interesting side note, Dario Argento mentioned he has the fondest memories working on this movie out of all his movies -7.5/10
Old 08-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #26896
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Had a Dario Argento triple feature...

Suspiria (1977)- the absolute best movie to watch really late at night, with all the lights off and the volume way up, this movie gets better each time I watch it. Unsettling, atmospheric, and an ever present sense of dread, but beautiful at the same time, Argento's best hands down - 10/10

Tenebrae - most Argento fans prefer Deep Red over this movie, but to me this is his best movie after Suspiria. I really got into the story and the twist was one of a kind. One of his most polished and well rounded movies overall. Also John Saxon in quite a sizeable role which was awesome to see - 9/10

Deep Red - I'd put this one on par or just under 'Bird with the Crystal Plumage' but I felt the kills were more effective in Tenebrae. This movie has some of the best cinematography and shot composition of any Argento movie - 8.5/10

im going to try and watch Argentos 'Opera' and 'Phenomena' tonight...
Opera is probably my favorite Argento film, followed by Susperia.

Also check out "The Card Player" if you get a chance.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #26897
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Opera is probably my favorite Argento film, followed by Susperia.

Also check out "The Card Player" if you get a chance.
I'm really looking forward to Opera, hopefully I'll have a chance to watch it tonight...

Thank you for the recommendation, looks like an interesting movie, it has been added to the list!
Old 08-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #26898
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Teen Titans - the Judas Contract.

I am giving this a 9 out of 10. It incorporates 3 of the Marv Wolfman/George Perez New Teen Titans storylines into one movie and they did capture the essence of all 3. Yes, some things were left out and it was set up for a sequel but I would recommend it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:26 PM   #26899
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

12 Angry Men (1957) - 9/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:14 PM   #26900
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Warrior (2011) - strong performances by Hardy, Edgerton, and Nolte. Still, it felt like it was missing more "chill" moments. 7 out of 10
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote