Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #31
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Lol.. this whole thing is a funny joke right?
Love PCS
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:22 AM   #32
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
You really have to love the pieces, love this company to death, or be straight insane to keep ordering from PCS.
Just ordered 1:3 bearded Ryu

(btw you cant order from PCS anymore it's all through Sideshow now)
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:24 AM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
Jerry's name wasn't on the lawsuit. And it was $100,000, not $50,000.

I have never heard of Culture Shock Toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
PCS new owners are named in suit. Still looking like crooks.
Culture Shock Toys was the true and registered corporation name of PCS when Jerry owned it.

The loan was $100,000K but the lawsuit for the unpaid amount was ~$50,000K.

The lawsuit mentioned Anthony and Martin by name BUT it also mentioned 10? other individuals as "DOES" whose particular names were not in the header of the lawsuit (those 10 were also included in the summons to court so at least initially a court agreed that 10 other people were liable to be sued).

The loan however was taken out November 2017 and PCS was registered to Mark and Anthony in October 2017 in California and August 2017 in North Carolina so they both would have a clear liability potentially. This jives somewhat with what Macaluso has held that the "sale" took place September 2017. Now whether there was previous business with this loan company leading up to this defaulted loan claim is not (yet) known.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #34
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
You really have to love the pieces, love this company to death, or be straight insane to keep ordering from PCS.
Still keeping all my 11 orders and ordering on new pieces.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #35
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm blown away by the blind loyalty of some customers. I guess if you have your money invested with them, and desperately hope to see the product you've bought, you have no other choice. You need them to succeed so it's pom pom shaking "you da man" mentality. And really, if you've given your money to PCS, you're not getting it back. That's why there were so many cancellations when Sideshow stepped in. They finally gave people the option to get out from this mess.
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #36
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
You need them to succeed so it's pom pom shaking "you da man" mentality.
Nope, no "pom pom", it's just that I bought the statues because I really wanted them (and not for their future value), so I'll stick to them and refuse to go hysteric.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #37
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Agree with above.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #38
dao2
Cyclops

Or maybe it's just because they put out well priced statues that come out well? It's not like I haven't been getting them and they've been coming out better then ever :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #39
Atheris
The Maxx

I cancelled almost all my orders but a couple. I'll be buying them back on the secondary at a reduced price I'm sure, or if they're still in stock with Sideshow later on at a discount. Just no reason to pay full price on these now when they're selling for less than retail.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #40
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

There's no money to be made in reselling statues. Especially not up here in Canada. After shipping, duty, and taxes, we're into each statue for about antoher $150 - $250...easy. Then factor in what it would cost to ship to a would be buyer.

I bought the statues because I wanted them. I bought new desk speakers ($450 investment) just to have enough space on my desk to display Scorpion and Sub Zero. I had the perfect display all set for both.

I backed out because PCS to me, appear to be in financial trouble whether they admit it or not. They don't have the funds to offer refunds. Ant avoided many questions about them yesterday. All he did was talk circles regarding that. And when people have been waiting a year plus for refunds, you can't keep blaming that on being short staff with your customer service. They're banking on the money invested on new licenses to pull them out of this. Look at what's been made available recently. You have short runs of statues (only 250 for Storm Shadow) who still hasn't sold out. Evil Ryu Ultra, 250, not sold out. Raiden Legacy, 250, still available. Hell even Guile Ultimate, who was said to have sold out that weekend, is available. That's a problem.

And when you take the MKX Scorp and Sub Zero, two statues who were up for pre-order YEARS ago, who was suppose to be out 1st quarter of this year, end up getting pushed back another year and 3 months? Huh? What? And these are a package deal. Companion pieces. Why are they not being made at the same time? What happens if I get a Scorpion, and Sub Zero never makes it to production? Or worse yet, they make it to production with all sorts of corners cut (due to finances) and end up looking like crap?

They took on a sinking ship. I don't think anyone is denying that. But the lack of communication and honesty ('hey thanks for the heads up, I had no idea even though I was caught lurking on statue forum'...come on!) has compounded the problems for them and they have nobody but themselves to blame. You can't fault the customers for losing faith in a company that doesn't respect the fact that they have taken the customers money, and feel no obligation to be forthcoming and transparent with any issues the customers have.
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote