Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #10431
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

They use WL interest in determining wether or not to contract out another batch. Anyone that was around for the Mythos pieces experienced that.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:07 AM   #10432
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Another batch of ToT coming out. Lots of conversions for this one now that they have enough people show interest by being on the WL.
Isn’t there a number on each base so how would they make this work? What do we not know? Or is it just make as much as they want for the hot sellers?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #10433
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
They use WL interest in determining wether or not to contract out another batch. Anyone that was around for the Mythos pieces experienced that.
Pretty sure the currently in-stock Wonder Woman PF was the same. I had cancelled my EX, only to decide later on to get her. Well, at the time she was waitlisted, so instead of waiting around for a potential no-go, I bought one off of a eBay retailer. Miraculously, some months later, a new batch was produced and in-stock. Oh, and the best part of the whole thing - the new batch was priced $50 more than when it originally went up for sale (BTW, this same piece is now discounted 10% with free shipping )
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #10434
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Isn’t there a number on each base so how would they make this work? What do we not know? Or is it just make as much as they want for the hot sellers?
Each one should have a unique number up until the max number of the ES. Note that I'm not counting APs or anything unique like that. Sideshow wouldn't just make as many as they want unless the item has something like an Open ES.

Ok. The following is just beliefs and opinions of one guy, me. My beliefs/opinions on how the numbering for these statues could be wrong and probably is lol.

There are multiple ways of assigning numbers for the statues we collect. The easiest of course is just sequentially where the first statue off the assembly line is 1, the second one is 2, and so on and so on until it reaches the max ES.

The second method a company could do is a little more complicated. I am definitely not saying this is how Sideshow (or any other company) does their numbering system for their ES but the following is probably how *I* would do it if I was in charge of assigning numbers to statues. I'll use this Thanos on Throne Collector's Edition with an ES of 3500 as an example. Let's say I'm unsure how successful this statue would be so I decided to do this in multiple batches. I'll say 2 batches to make it simple. I decided to do 2000 statues in the 1st batch and if it sells out and there's a WL full of interested customers, I would do 1500 statues for the 2nd batch. My numbering system wouldn't be limited to just 1-2000 for the first batch though. What I would do is tell the factory they would need to do a mixture of assigned certain numbers as well as random numbers. For example, even though it's just the first batch, I would tell the factory they need to assign a statue the #1/3500 and another statue the #3500/3500. After that, I would have a random list of numbers in no particular order for numbers in between and including #2 and #3499 (remember that I've already done #1 and #3500). Those two numbers are mandantory. So maybe the first batch would have the numbers 1, 3500, and a whole bunch of random numbers (1998 if you're counting). Then if a 2nd batch is needed, I would have the factory do the remaining numbers that are still available from the list.

Again, I am definitely NOT saying this is how Sideshow or any other company does their numbering ES scheme. It's just what I would do.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:00 AM   #10435
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Regardless of any status, if you are hesitant about this statue, JUST GET IT.

It's a real masterpiece and you won't regret it. Easily Sideshow's top 5.

Then cross your fingers to not get QC issues. But if there ever was a statue that is worth SS' QC lottery, it's that one.

Why are you still here? GO ORDER IT!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:34 AM   #10436
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s not worth QC lottery imo for price and I’m worried I’d get crappy return sent to me .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #10437
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s not worth QC lottery imo for price and I’m worried I’d get crappy return sent to me .
there is no risk if you buy from SS. If the piece has QC issues you can get your money back including shipping.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #10438
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I assume you don't own the statue. You know I am not a Sideshow defender by any means, quite the opposite, but this statue is one of the best I have ever had. It's THAT good.

Their QC is atrocious, it's proven, but their customer service is really top notch. I would harass them countless time until I'd receive a flawless piece. After all, you are right, at that price it needs to be flawless.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #10439
w00tw00t
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Well looks like I will be getting a full replacement Broke the base and it had a toxic smell to it. I had to pull my yorkie to another room.
What kind of toxic smell? Makes me worried with kids around now. Very time ive opened my statues it's a strong paint smell. So concerns me there may be other harmful chemicals.
w00tw00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #10440
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I def want this piece but I don’t want to go through crap QC because no one knows how may replacement parts are available. Once I buy a statue I want it that’s that . No return or refunds if possible I’m watching this waitlist scene very carefully
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote