Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #261
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
There certainly is a design flaw on Thanos’ leg. When you flip the statue over, his butt goes flat right after his hamstring meets the edge of his throne. That makes sense since Thanos needs to sit flush on the chair, but you’d have to make sure the unnatural change from the hamstring to the butt was filled in properly. Instead, it’s a thin, recurring breaking point for a lot of the pieces.

Having said that, I think he and the Throne are pushing 50 pounds. If SS had cast the inside of that leg a little thicker, he’d be perfect. Still plenty of great units out there with no interior rattle or defects. I was lucky to get one.
Wasn’t this statue $1200? That’s disappointing. I’m sorry but I expect more for this amount of money.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #262
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi guys,
I have had a couple of busy days but I just had to visit my favorite thread on the whole forum again and give it a much deserved bump.
I am still super stoked for this Juggernaut Maquette and believe it will be an unbelievable addition to the collection of any Juggernaut or X-Men fan out there.

Today I finally picked up another whopper of a statue recently released by Sideshow and I have to say nothing can really prepare you for the sheer size of this behemoth. I mean, I have read many review and looked at even more pictures and videos but the moment I saw the box I was utterly stunned.
In fact, the box simply did not fit in my small car so I had to ask the good people at my LCS to unpack the statue partially and to help me get the separate styrofoam parts in the back of my car...
Getting the statue to my attic provided me another good work-out which will benefit me for at least a week but the now that the statue has found his place in my collection, I could not be happier!

What statue I am talking about? Well, none other than The Thanos on Throne Maquette!
I have the Collector's Edition and am flabbergasted by the impressive quality, sheer size and overwhelming presence of this Titan.
I will post a review in the upcoming 2-3 weeks but for now I hope you like the first quick pics which I took after assembling the statue:

This is one of the very best and most impressive statues I have ever seen and if this is any indication of what we can expect with the upcoming Juggernaut Maquette then I think we are all in for a gigantic treat in the near future!

Make Mine Sideshow!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #263
XMAN
Ultron

Hey Rainer.....I share your enthusiasm ..I have been waiting for years for this to happen.and I’m sure many more feel the same.....I just hope I will be just as impressed as I was with Thanos.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #264
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Hey Rainer.....I share your enthusiasm ..I have been waiting for years for this to happen.and I’m sure many more feel the same.....I just hope I will be just as impressed as I was with Thanos.
Really hope so, i know there are a lot of members who have been waiting for this to happen! Glad it is finally underway for you!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:30 PM   #265
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I just don't want it thin like Apocalypse.
Like most things in life I'm sure the balance is hard to achieve.
Wait ... Thin like Apocalypse? Or did you mean thin like Darkseid?

Edit: nevermind.... just realized you were talking about thin casting.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:39 PM   #266
KingB79
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I remember as a kid playing with my friends and all of us arguing who would play the Juggernaut when we would play fight and wrestle. This absolutely hits home for me and I’m glad I saved up my SS points for this. He will be my final piece due to space constraints and I can think of no better choice than Juggs. Man this just takes me back. Thank you SS!!!
KingB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #267
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Woohah!
Oh Happy Day!

Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Ooooh yyyyyeah!
The day has finally come guys... the unstoppable force of nature is on his way to fans and collectors all over the world!
I loved the Sideshow Juggernaut maquette based on Juggy's appearance in X-Men: The Last Stand but this comic book based Juggernaut movie is like a dream come true...
The days of thunder are upon us since the big behemoth will not enter the big stage silent and unnoticed.

I am very much looking forward to the reveal of the whole maquette and am also wondering what the Exclusive edition will be about?
I hope it will contain the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak but I would also be more than happy with Cain Marko's head without a helmet.
And of course the million dollar question: when will this big boy go up for pre-order?

For now I am as happy as could be however.
I always knew nothing could stop The Juggernaut and now he is finally here...
I am afraid that I won't be able to sleep tonight out of pure excitement!

Make way... The Juggernaut is here!

Rainer
I'm so happy for you Rainer. I don't know you, but I know you deserve this.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #268
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thanks for the kind words guys; I really do appreciate it!
i think the Thanos Maquette is absolutely awesome and I am still impressed by the sheer size and quality of the statue.
The statue kicks a$$ in so many ways that I have no doubt whatsoever that the upcoming Juggernaut Maquette will cause enormous excitement amongst fans and collectors all over the world once it's released. if Sideshow manages to deliver the same quality as thy did on the Thanos on Throne Maquette, or manages to raise the bar even more, the Juggernaut Maquette will be the biggest home run Sideshow have ever scored so far.

I have faith in the creative team at Sideshow and I am sure they will put their heart and soul into The Juggernaut Maquette.
Mark my words guys: once released, this maquette will be just as unstoppable and awe-inspiring as the Exemplar of Physical Strength himself!

Make Mine Juggernaut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm so happy for you Rainer. I don't know you, but I know you deserve this.
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #269
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

And if you still don't know who Juggernaut is...

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #270
KingB79
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So any idea on when the reveal will be. Even a ballpark?
KingB79 is offline   Reply With Quote