Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
resin garage kits?
i donno man, isnt that a step backwards?

anyways, if they look cool and cheap, im in anyways.
I think you did not understand what Cobblepot suggested.

We are not talking about producing garage kits, but the idea is that ARH Studios would sell blank statues like naked figures, so collectors could buy them and create their on characters.

We (ARH) would only sell the blank statues, NOT customize anything!

To be honest, I have always used blank figures to sculpt my statues, and I know it is a very popular method among the best sculptors in the industry!~

Just take Ehren Bienert or William Paquet for instance, two of the best in this business, and both use wax blank figures to sculpt!

I'm sure this would be a very promising product, but if we do that, I would have to go digital!

Although, Ehren would make us a perfect blank body, we can't beat the practicality of digital sculpture in this case, especially about size/scale! One figure can be made in several different sizes and please everyone!!!!

I'm seriously considering it since yesterday, and I might as well do it!

When I was in Brazil in the beginning of my career as a sculptor, I used to call those blank statues, "PELADINHOS", and I surely made a lot of money with them!

best,
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #12
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post

We are not talking about producing garage kits, but the idea is that ARH Studios would sell blank statues like naked figures, so collectors could buy them and create their on characters.

To be honest, I have always used blank figures to sculpt my statues, and I know it is a very popular method among the best sculptors in the industry!~

Just take Ehren Bienert or William Paquet for instance, two of the best in this business, and both use wax blank figures to sculpt!

I'm sure this would be a very promising product, but if we do that, I would have to go digital!

Although, Ehren would make us a perfect blank body, we can't beat the practicality of digital sculpture in this case, especially about size/scale! One figure can be made in several different sizes and please everyone!!!!

When I was in Brazil in the beginning of my career as a sculptor, I used to call those blank statues, "PELADINHOS", and I surely made a lot of money with them!

best,
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Not a big fan of digital sculpts.let Ehren knock it out.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
fengjun
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post

best,
hey arahom, i just want to know if these blanks will be casted in resin or polystone. 'cause unpainted, unassembled white resins are just like garage kits to me. I used to buy alot of those anime garage kits myself.

btw, when can we see anubis painted? cleopatra started? spartacus?
fengjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
hey arahom, i just want to know if these blanks will be casted in resin or polystone. 'cause unpainted, unassembled white resins are just like garage kits to me. I used to buy alot of those anime garage kits myself.

btw, when can we see anubis painted? cleopatra started? spartacus?
We are already in the process of transfering Anubis files to the factory, so we can get our hard copy.

Spartacus depends on Mr. Paquet! I'm just waiting for some pictures I can post.

Cleopatra is already a go, so Alex might send us some pics anytime now!

About the Blanks, I still don't know exactly how we gonna do it, but resin or polystone are basicly the same thing with similar results, so we will go with the material that better suits the purpose!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Williams View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Not a big fan of digital sculpts.let Ehren knock it out.
LOL.... If we make it, I'm sure you will like the results!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #16
Mezzanin9
U talkin' to me?

i dont know what are you guys talking about..i never seen PELADINHOS ???
Mezzanin9 is offline   Reply With Quote