Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #391
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post

They're either hitting legos or that is some fugly cgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Ha! That's the scene I was talking about. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the Emperor and Rey and Kylo are the ones who "realy" rid the universe of the Sith, not those silly Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker characters.
That's a very scary and horrible thought...but sadly a genuine possibility.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #392
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Runtime confirmed @ 155 min. Longest Star Wars film to date.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #393
nearmint
Phoenix

Tix purchased.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #394
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not as excited as I normally would be, but that's entirely due to the bad taste that TLJ left. I will of course watch this and hope for the best. I'm hoping that this trilogy will go out with a bang, it needs to really.
Could not agree with you more.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:09 AM   #395
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
got my tickets for Thursday Dec 19th

what can I say, im a glutton for punishment

im just holding on to hope that Ian McDiarmid will actually be in the movie as Emperor Palpatine and its not just some facade
I don't understand how Emperor Palpatine being alive is a good thing? Doesn't that undo the whole story of Star Wars? Doesn't that mean that Anakin didn't bring balance to the force like George Lucas intended when he wrote the whole freaking story of Star Wars? Or...did I miss something? I mean...I know that the new Star Wars movies don't seem to care anything about what came before, but bringing Palpatine back, while exciting on face value, rots the whole Star Wars mythos built over all these years even further.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:36 AM   #396
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I don't understand how Emperor Palpatine being alive is a good thing? Doesn't that undo the whole story of Star Wars? Doesn't that mean that Anakin didn't bring balance to the force like George Lucas intended when he wrote the whole freaking story of Star Wars? Or...did I miss something? I mean...I know that the new Star Wars movies don't seem to care anything about what came before, but bringing Palpatine back, while exciting on face value, rots the whole Star Wars mythos built over all these years even further.
It was done before in Dark Empire which I believe was considered Canon at one point. So no, it doesn't do anything of the sort. I'm actually wondering if they are partially pulling from Dark Empire but fitting it into what they've built so far.

Anakin bringing Balance to the force had to do with their being two Sith and multiple Jedi, order 66 eliminated the Jedi's numbers thus bringing balance to the force, just not the way everyone thought.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:10 AM   #397
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
considering the rebels accomplished dick-all with the empire in the last 40 years kind of negates their impact in the original movies already no?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:59 AM   #398
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It was done before in Dark Empire which I believe was considered Canon at one point. So no, it doesn't do anything of the sort. I'm actually wondering if they are partially pulling from Dark Empire but fitting it into what they've built so far.

Anakin bringing Balance to the force had to do with their being two Sith and multiple Jedi, order 66 eliminated the Jedi's numbers thus bringing balance to the force, just not the way everyone thought.
Expanded Universe material was never considered canon by Lucas.

Timothy Zahn's work reinvigorated Star Wars though, and Dark Empire was a sequel to that. Zahn himself felt Dark Empire contradicted ROTJ.

And you're mistaken about what "bringing balance to the Force" means. Many people seem to be, actually, because they're applying the literal definition to the 'Light and Dark'. But 'balance' was spoken of by the Jedi, and it meant getting rid of the Sith, and restoring the Force to it's natural state, as they viewed it - the Light. The Dark Side was seen as corruption.

In interviews and documentaries, Lucas has compared 'Light Side' and 'Dark Side' to 'symbiosis' and 'cancer', respectively. Bringing balance means harmony with the Light, working together with the Force. The flipside being using the Dark, which is akin to a parasite draining your life.

Of course, Disney bought Star Wars and changed what six movies created, and Lucas intended...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #399
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Another disaster in the making.

Final trailer was as lame as all the previous trailers, maybe even worse.

Can't wait for this to pass so that people can finally realize and/or accept what catastrophy this new trilogy is.

TFA and TLJ are right up there among the worst movies I have ever seen. There's absolutely nothing redeemable about the sequels. Like NOTHING.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #400
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Expanded Universe material was never considered canon by Lucas.

Timothy Zahn's work reinvigorated Star Wars though, and Dark Empire was a sequel to that. Zahn himself felt Dark Empire contradicted ROTJ.

And you're mistaken about what "bringing balance to the Force" means. Many people seem to be, actually, because they're applying the literal definition to the 'Light and Dark'. But 'balance' was spoken of by the Jedi, and it meant getting rid of the Sith, and restoring the Force to it's natural state, as they viewed it - the Light. The Dark Side was seen as corruption.

In interviews and documentaries, Lucas has compared 'Light Side' and 'Dark Side' to 'symbiosis' and 'cancer', respectively. Bringing balance means harmony with the Light, working together with the Force. The flipside being using the Dark, which is akin to a parasite draining your life.

Of course, Disney bought Star Wars and changed what six movies created and Lucas intended...
Yet Lucas made the prequels before the Disney buy out, so he himself then contradicted the meaning by allowing Anakin to destroy the Jedi originally. It's in fact Luke who ends up turning Vader away from the Darkside and ends up destroying the emperor. Which would mean Lucas went against his own prophecy.

This is why I've always felt Lucas lost his way, the prequels contradict so much of the OT and people tend to ignore it.

Also I know a great many considered the EU Canon particularly The Jedi Academy Trilogy.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote